Friday, August 9, 2013

10 Years and Celebrating!

It's really hard to believe that 10 years have come and gone since I said "I do".
6023714727_fe4bb8e903_o

When I think about 10 years, that sounds like a pretty long time, and yet it still seems so new, then I think about all that has taken place over that time period and then it starts to seem like we've been married a good while. There's been 5 moves (on average we've had our things packed up every 2 years); there's been a year long deployment, 16 months of total separation (3 months of Officer Basic Course in San Antonio, 1 month at JRTC in Louisiana, and 12 months deployed to Iraq). There's been 4 kids in 6 years (and somehow it worked out that all but one of them was born in Little Rock amidst all the moving); there was a 2 and a 1/2 weeks stay in Children's Hospital and 1 major heart surgery that took place in just this last year.

God has definitely stretched us. Our marriage has deepened and strengthened through the different trials He's allowed us to walk through and our love for one another has grown tremendously over the many days and weeks that we've been priviledged to have with one another. We are learning to speak each others love languages and trying hard to love each other in that way. It's crazy to me how it doesn't come easily, as you'd initially think it would, it takes intentionality and pursuit to love one another well. It takes great effort, but it is SO worth it! We have discovered how to make our family life work, through trial and error and thankfully God has given us the grace to apologize and offer forgiveness when miscommunications and misunderstandings arise.

I'm so incredibly grateful for the man that God has given to me, I'm thankful for his leadership and guidance in not just my life but the lives of all our little people. I'm awed by the dream come true in my life that is Adam Head. You are definitely the culmination of all my prayers for a godly, funny, responsible, caring husband. I'm so thankful that you are a man worthy of my respect, its easy for me to follow you because you are trust worthy. I know I can follow you because you're seeking out and following hard after God, and what security there is in that! I love how you continue to pursue me and to make me a priority. I'm thankful that we had the opportunity to celebrate our 10 year anniversary a few weeks back when we went to Napa and San Francisco. That time away, alone, with just you was a treat and a treasure! I'm looking forward to my date night with you tomorrow night!

Adam, I love you intensely and am thankful to walk through this life with you. I can't wait to see what the next 10 years hold, what a ride, what an adventure! The first decade was fast, I have a feeling decade number two is going to be really fun! Let's start planning another get away, where should we go next?!!
IMG_3116

Here's my previous anniversary posts: 8 years (this one shares our whole story), and here's 9 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...