Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Weekend Get Away

Thanks to some of my parents friends, we had the priviledge of having a spur of the moment get away to Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs. To say it was a quiet retreat, nestled on a beautiful cove of the lake with a picturesque view would be stating it perfectly!

Friday night we drove down after Adam got off work. We met my parents at the lake so that we could put their boat in the water and uncover the party barge and get it cleaned up so we could just hit the water on Saturday. While the guys did that, Mom and I took the kiddos out for a sunset cruise.

The boys couldn't wait to jump in the water...
IMG_2102
IMG_2108
IMG_2106

Ava Jane enjoyed sitting pretty on the boat...
IMG_2114

I love the beauty of the lake...its such a fun place to be!
IMG_2103

When we arrived at the lake house it was getting dark so we couldn't really see the full view very well. But this is what I woke up to out of the french doors off our bedroom...
IMG_2153
IMG_2140

Our children could hardly wait to get back out to the lake, as soon as their feet hit the floor they were putting on the life jackets (over their pajamas) and enjoying the quiet deck out on the water...thanks G-Dad for watching them so we could lay in bed a few more minutes.
IMG_2143

We had a leisurely morning since the night time sleep was interrupted by Emerson who, at about 3 am, started talking and "banging" in his pac-n-play, I finally went into the room where he was sleeping and my Mom was trying to comfort him, but I ended up laying him on my chest (with all his 30 lbs) and holding him real tight, trying to get him to calm down...he did eventually go back to sleep and so did I, but IT.WAS.NOT a restful night of sleep. So we took Saturday morning slow and easy, enjoying the views and conversations on the deck.
IMG_2156

Once we got up and going we headed off to Lake Ouachita, and enjoyed a beautiful day out there!
IMG_2175
IMG_2163
IMG_2159
IMG_2161

Playing with my boys...
IMG_2181

Our beautiful bathing beauty..
IMG_2169

We celebrated Father's Day as well as Adam's birthday...
IMG_2186
IMG_2248

Here, Adam's pretending to blow out the candles that wouldn't stay lit on his cookie cake. Today, June 18th, is his actual birthday, I'm so thankful for him, so incredibly grateful for the man that he is, the way that he loves me, and leads our family so well; how he seems to do, with excellence, everything he sets his mind to. I appreciate his disciplined nature and am challenged by his walk with the Lord. Adam, I'm so thankful that I get to celebrate you today!! Happy Birthday!!
IMG_2255

Relaxing on the lake is well worth the effort of getting there...
IMG_2189
IMG_2222
IMG_2191
IMG_2263
IMG_2339
IMG_2333

Mom and Rob were playing ball with Psalm, Pascha and Emerson...Whitney, I can't believe I didn't get one picture with you! So sorry! We'll just have to plan another trip soon!
IMG_2232

The Daddy's still have it...
IMG_2288
IMG_2294

And so does this Mama...
IMG_2299

We spent all day on the lake then went back to the lake house to get dressed to go out to dinner to celebrate Father's Day. So with all the kids we were heading toward Fisherman's Wharf for dinner at about 7:45 PM, when they told us it would be a 45 minute wait, we headed straight to On The Boarder and they got all 12 of us right in, with no wait! Anyone with half a brain or certainly anyone with children, would know that that was about the most ridiculous thing to try and do with 6 hungry and tired little people, but it honestly went pretty well, other then Emerson's begging for his taco, we were able to keep him at bay with cheese dip and crayons, all in all they did really good! It was a fun weekend, thanks Mom and Dad for inviting us along, we had a terrific time!
IMG_2341

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...