Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Mile Stone: First Piano Recital

This past week wrapped up Peyton's first year as a piano student. He took piano lessons from Adam's sister Molly, who teaches at Pulaski Heights United Methodist Church, in their Adventures in the Arts program. She did an excellent job with him and for the most part he enjoyed playing and going to see Aunt Molly each week. There was the usual, "I don't want to practice" and "Do I have to Mom?" moments, but he was always willing to cooperate with me. Molly, thanks for your patience towards him, I know he appreciated your kindness at each lesson! You are quite talented not only to be able to teach these kids how to play music, but to hear you play again and to see you perform was quite the treat! God has definitely given you a gift and you tickle those ivories so beautifully, thanks for playing that hymn, it moved me, and others to tears, I know God got great glory from your piece!

Adam and I were just so proud of Peyton on Tuesday night. If you know him at all, you know that he's a reserved, somewhat shy little guy, so for him to get up and have to play his song ("Taxi Tangle") in front of a crowd of people was quite intimidating. But he played it perfectly, just like he'd been practicing.
IMG_1840
IMG_1835

He bowed before he played and after his performance too, just like he was supposed to!
IMG_1833

He's getting to be such a big boy, I cannot believe how much he's grown and learned this past year in Kindergarten, the time is truly flying by! Just this morning he showed Adam and I how his two bottom teeth are getting loose, I can hardly fathom that it's time for those teeth to come out, these past 6 years have just flown by!! What a blessing and a treasure this little fella is! Peyton you make Daddy and I proud each and every day! We love you!
IMG_1834

2 comments:

  1. super cute!! love that he gets to take from his aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was the usual, "I don't want to practice" and "Do I have to Mom?" moments, but he was piano reviews always willing to cooperate with me. Molly, thanks for your patience towards him,

    ReplyDelete

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...