Sunday, November 25, 2012

Worship Session in the CVICU

Last night I was overwhelmed a bit. We had a nice long conversation with Ava Jane's nurse. Amanda was wonderful, she was honest and straight forward, she explained, in detail, a lot of what we can expect post-op she answered any and all of our questions and honestly, it was a bit overwhelming.

To think of what's to come is overwhelming, as I have been sitting nursing Ava Jane, my mind has been flooded with songs and I just enjoyed singing over her to our God. The one that I can't get out of my head is Chris Tomlin's "Our God"...its so pertinent to me right now:

Water you turned into wine
You opened the eyes of the blind
There's no one like You
None like You!

Into the the darkness you shine
Out of the ashes we rise
There's no one like you
None like you!

Our God is greater
Our God is stronger
God You are higher then any other
Our God is Healer
Awesome in power
Our God,Our God!

And if our God is for us
Then who can ever stop us
And if our God is with us
Then what can stand against?

What a beautiful song, what a perfect reminder for me! No matter the situation God is still on His throne, He is still in control, He loves me and He loves Ava Jane more then I do! Thank you LORD!

The other song that keeps playing through my mind is:

Jesus, lover of my soul
All consuming fire is in your gaze
Jesus, I want you to know
I will follow you all of my days.

No one else in history is like You
History itself belongs to You
Alpha and Omega
You have loved me and I will spend eternity with You!

It's all about YOU Jesus, and all this is for You
For Your glory and Your fame.
It's not about me,
As if You should do things my way
You alone are God and I surrender to your ways!

God is in control and we are not...I'm so very grateful for His perfect peace in the midst of this storm...and for the fact that He's walking this road with us! What comfort, there is in that!
minnesota-fall-color-tours_jpg

The update for this morning is that she is breathing so fast and so hard that they put a feeding tube in so that she doesn't have to work so hard tob breath and eat. So, for now, please pray that I am able to pump as much as they want her to be having, and to be able to keep up with that demand so they don't have to supplement. She had a low grade fever as well when they checked her vitals this morning. We were hoping she was on the down hill side of the RSV but we aren't sure of that. The Doctor scheduled a chest x-ray so they can get a better idea of how her lungs look; we will see about that later today. So, we are still in the waiting game, I will keep updating with more info as we know it. Thanks for all the emails, texts, Facebook messages and visits; we really appreciate everyones support, encouragement and prayers!

2 comments:

  1. We are praying for you ALL, Courtney. I know she will be fine - just sorry she's having to go through a rough time to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my prayers today. Love both of those powerful songs!

    ReplyDelete

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...