Wednesday, June 3, 2015

No Greater Joy!

Several years ago Peyton came and told Adam and I that he had invited Jesus into his heart while he was in the playroom.  We certainly were excited by this news so we asked him some questions about what that meant to him and what He'd said to God.  As we dialoged about it Adam and I were thrilled to hear all that he had to say and have been excited to watch his love for the Lord grow over the last several years.  To see his willingness to take initiative in our house as well as seeing his desire to lead out and help his siblings and friends with things has been fun to watch.  Adam and I have observed several of the fruits of the Spirit being formed in him and are excited to see what all the Lord will do with this sweet boy.

On Sunday, after many months of talking and sharing and meeting with one of the pastors at our church, Peyton decided to make his profession of faith public by being baptized.  As I watched Peyton share (in just a few words) why he was being baptized, my eyes filled with tears.  He simply said, "Hi, my name is Peyton Head, I've decided to follow Jesus and I just wanted to let everyone know."  I was so proud of him.  Speaking into a microphone and getting up in front of everyone can be intimidating but he did it without hesitation and without batting an eye.  He was excited and so were his Dad and I.  Adam got a little choked up himself as he shared just a bit about how we've seen God working in Peyton's life.  How proud we were to be able to stand with him that day as he publicly shared with everyone his love for the Lord.  (It was originally supposed to have been an outdoor baptism but due to the rain it was held inside.

IMG_5795

IMG_6871

IMG_5801

IMG_5802

IMG_5805


"There is no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth" 3 John 1:4.  We were all excited to get to witness and be apart of this special day.  One of his sweet friends made this sign for him, how true!  Luke 15:10 says, "I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

We love you Peyton and are so proud of you son!
IMG_5816

IMG_5817

1 comment:

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...