Tuesday, June 16, 2015

A Day Date

Adam and I recently had a day date. Most people do date nights, but this time we opted for an afternoon spent together.  I must say I enjoyed the time away with him, having a leisure lunch and then spending the afternoon soaking in the warmth of the sun, seeing the beautiful golf course and doing some "house gazing". We certainly had a fun time together!
banner2

While we drove the course we talked about how we need to make date nights (or days for that matter) more of a regular thing.  We often have sitters for events and dinners but those aren't what I'd consider a "date".  It's those times when we have to be "on" and engaging with others rather then focused solely on one another and making more memories together, so hopefully, in the months to come we will do a better job of prioritizing date days or nights--both are equally fun, though I must say date nights are a little more preferred since the littles are down when you come home!
IMG_6958

Boy how I love this man!
IMG_5946


IMG_5924


IMG_5932


IMG_5928


Since we were playing golf I looked up the definition of "caddy".  In golf, a caddy (or caddie) is the person who carries a player's bag and clubs and gives insightful advice and moral support. A good caddy is aware of the challenges and obstacles of the golf course being played, along with the best strategy in playing it.  I can't say that I carried his literal bag and clubs, though I did drive them around the course.  I may not have given "insightful advice and moral support" as to which golf club to use on which hole, but I do often given moral support and try to give insightful advice to Adam's daily comings and goings.   It said, "a good caddy is aware of the challenges and obstacles of the golf course"--I feel that as his wife, its good for me to know and recognize the challenges he faces (at work and in life in general) I love how when he shares something with me that I he's struggling to make a decision on, I usually have the ability to just say, well, it seems to me that it should be this way, or it should be that way.   Sometimes what seems difficult when he is down in the weeds of something for him seems so obvious to me, and then given the same scenario (in reverse) he does the same for me.  I'm so thankful for our partnership, for the marriage that God has blessed us with and for the fact that I still love being with him.  I can hardly fathom that come this August, we will have been married twelve years.  It is truly nice to be twelve years in, and to now know when it's okay to simply be quiet and enjoy one anthers company, or to also know when something needs to be said.  I've loved all our Head Happenings, and this crazy journey that God has had us on, I couldn't have picked a better player to "caddy" for!  I love you Adam!

I'm all for day dates, lets plan the next one real soon!!
IMG_6966

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...