Monday, April 30, 2012

Playing Catch up!

This past week has been filled with lots of stuff, we were busy every day so I didn't have time to post anything...now I'm playing catch up from the week!

We did lots of fun things though so here's a brief recap. I picked up some glow sticks at the Dollar Store last weekend, the boys thought it was awesome taking their bath in the dark and using the glow sticks, they even wanted to sleep with a couple of them, since it was the weekend we didn't fight their request! They were talking about this for several days.
April 29, 2012

Monday we went to the park with friends and had a big time...
April 30, 2012

Wednesday while Peyton was at school Lawson and I enjoyed some Mother/Son time sitting at the table painting, sorting buttons according to color and counting them too, he had a great time!
April 29, 20121

Thursday Adam and I took Peyton to Kindergarten Kick-Off, which seems crazy that we have a child going off to Kindergarten this Fall...he was quite hesitant to go in but once we got in there he had a great time visiting the Kindergarten classes while the parents had a meeting with the Principal and Asst. Principal. I was encouraged to find that several of his friends from his previous soccer team will be there as well as several of our neighbors which made it easier for him to see people he recognized!

Friday we did a Family Social with many of the families from our Sunday School class. Lawson was sick so Adam stayed home with him and Emerson. I am now helping to plan the socials for our class and this was my first one to do, it was definitely fun! We had over 60 people (adults and kids), with 19 boxes of pizza, tons of brownies and cookies, sodas and capris-suns all around...we had quite the feast! We reserved the CLC at church and the kids and Dad's went wild in the gym....here's a few pics from that.
April 29, 20122
April 29, 20123
April 29, 20124

Saturday was another big day, Peyton had a soccer game and Adam is the coach so they headed off for that while I stayed home with Lawson and Emerson, Peyton had another good game, he didn't score but he did block another kids shot, so that was good! After the game I headed out to a Southern Savers Couponing Event...can't say I'm gonna be a "crazy coupon lady" but I do get inspired by the savings. Here I am with Jenny (who started Southern Savers), she was super nice and easy to talk to.
IMG_8319-001
You can check out Jenny's money saving thoughts and ideas at Southern Savers, it really was neat to hear, I'm inspired and hoping to save more money!

After that I used a Pedicure Gift Certificate that Adam had given me for Mother's Day last year, I decided I better use it before it expired! It was A-MAZ-ING, so incredibly relaxing, it was at an Aveda Salon and it was dimly lit and music was playing softly in the background, I almost couldn't walk out of there!

Sunday we went to church then came home and had lunch, then the little boys went down for a nap while Adam and Peyton went out to a field and took his training wheels off. He learned how to ride his bike like a big boy, didn't get pictures of it, but they are sure to come! He was super excited and quite proud of himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...