Sunday, April 8, 2012

Recap of Time with Family: Part 1

Well, the last few days have been packed full of fun times, memories made and great food to be eaten! My family, who was planning to come for Easter weekend, ended up coming a few days early in order to be here for the boy's Spring Performance at their Preschool on Thursday...it made for a great excuse to be here a few extra days! We did a lot of fun stuff and made many great memories, so be warned, there are a BUNCH of pictures and I'll have to break up all that we did into several different posts!

I'll begin the recap with the Spring Perfomance at the ELC. I absolutely LOVE the preschool where the boys are. They truly are learning so much but the thing that makes me thrilled with where I'm sending them is that they're learning so much about God, what He's made, and who He is through chapel, story times, music class, etc. The teachers truly are incorporating things that I'm trying to teach at home, and I'm grateful for their reinforcment!

Lawson had a hard time once he saw me up front with my camera...he had a complete melt down and Mrs. Melissa had to bring him down off the stage! Oh, well!
Picnik collage

And just keeping it real...here's one of the little girls in his class totally showing off what she's got...then another one just waving to his family, not singing at all...it was all pretty comical!
Picnik collage

Peyton did fine, though he sang every song with his hands covering up his mouth. Saying that he's shy on stage, might be an understatement! He sang each song quite loud for me in the car once he was down out of the lime light! : )
Picnik collage

After the program finished we braved the torrential down pour to go and enjoy lunch at Chick-Fil-A. The kids had fun...and just when we thought we'd make a run for it, the bottom opened up and we decided to stay a little longer and enjoy some tastey ice cream!

That afternoon, after naps we dyed easter eggs...they turned out quite pretty I must say!
Picnik collage

Here's Whitney with Pascha and Psalm...
Picnik collage

With all the activities of the day Lawson slept right through this, but Peyton and Emerson had a great time!
Picnik collage

And here's the finished products...
Picnik collage

We also did another fun craft which I got from here, but before we did that we made a fun snack called Resurrection Rolls that tells the story of the resurrection of Jesus. For the snack you just need: cressant rolls, melted butter, cinnamon and sugar, large marshmellows and an oven preheated to 350. The cressant roll represents the cloth that they wrapped Jesus' body in, the marshmellow represents Jesus, we dipped the marshmellow in the butter and rolled it in the cinnamon and sugar (symbolizing the oil and spices that they put on Jesus at his burial), then we wrapped up the marshmellow and placed each "rolled up/wrapped up Jesus" into the tomb (the oven) and baked it for 8-10 minutes and when we took them out, the marshmellow had melted and "Jesus had risen"...He wasn't in the cloth anymore (the marshmellow melted into the cressant roll and left an empty space in the roll when you open it up...it was a fun activity telling the wonderful Resurrection story and quite a tastey treat as well.
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
Picnik collage

As their snack was baking they made a cross craft out of clay that I found here, and used pony beads to decorate it. I think they all had a great time!
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
IMG_7791

To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...