Thursday, April 12, 2012

Jesus Calling!

For Christmas my Mother-in-Law got me the devotional book, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, its phenominal! Each day before I start my Bible study I've been reading through it and its amazing how each and every day holds a marvelous challenge, a pertinent truth that I need to hear! It's truly a great book, it's up there with Oswald Chambers' My Utmost for His Highest, if you haven't gotten a copy, go out and get one today, you won't be disappointed!

So today's exerpt was yet again another wonderful challenge for me. Here are a few lines: "Trusting Me is a moment-by-moment choice." Just as the Israelites complained continually in the desert even as I provided miracles for them..."Isn't it the same with you? You trust Me when things go well, when you see Me working on your behalf. This type of trust flows readily within you, requiring no exertion of your will. When things go wrong, your trust-flow slows down...You are forced to choose between trusting Me intentionally or rebelling: resenting My ways with you. This choice constitutes a fork in the road. Stay on the path of Life with Me, enjoying My Presence. Choose to trust Me in all circumstances."

I love that I can trust God completely! That I don't have to worry about things because He cares for me and there is abundant Life (true, fulfilling, significant life) in His Presence. So I can say with confidence, Psalm 118:24, "This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!" Thank you Lord for walking with me daily and for having plans to prosper and not harm me, plans to give me a future and a hope!!

gift of light

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...