Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring Break: Day 3

This morning we had check ups for Peyton and Emerson, Lawson lucked out this time, he was all up to date on his immunizations! Thankfully Adam was able to go in late this morning so I didn't have to take all 3 of them with me. They all check out great, but I won't sugar coat the shot portion of the visit. Imagine this...Peyton with mouth wide open, screaming at the top of his lungs while I hold both arm down on the table and the nurse is trying to hold his flailing legs while also trying to inject him with 2 vaccines! It was NOT pretty! He was very upset...even the Spider Man fruit snacks that he had requested as a treat didn't help to console him! Emerson was a pretty good champ, though he had to get 4 different sticks himself...I was hoping a couple would be a 2 in 1, but not this time. He's been pretty fussy this afternoon and having a difficult time resting, we've been doing a lot of TLC and I've been getting lots of cuddle time which is sweet, though I hate to see him uncomfortable. A quick recap puts Peyton at 42 lbs (50%) and 45.3 inches tall (75%) while Emerson weighed in at 24 lbs (50%) and 31 inches long (50%).

Anyway, on to the fun stuff and pictures. Since Emerson hadn't really gotten good morning naps the past few days from all our excursions, I decided to just chill here at the homestead! So after doing puzzles, playing dress-up in their Buzz Lightyear and Police Man costumes and building outhouses and barns out of their Lincoln Logs we decided to venture outside into the beautiful sunshine! After a little coaxing from Peyton I decided to let them play in the water hose...and here's how it went...

Everyone needs a pair of goggles when playing with the water hose...
Picnik collage
Picnik collage

Stripped everything else off, but gotta keep those goggles on!
Picnik collage

Brothers having so much fun...
Picnik collage

And here's our sweet little Emerson playing in the sippy cup cabinet...
Picnik collage

"This is so interesting..."
Picnik collage

Mama is a sucker for bubbles and you can't wear them forever, so I'm enjoying seeing those chubby little legs from the front and the back! Gotta love those little rolls!
Picnik collage

1 comment:

  1. oh my word. I am dying at Peyton in the goggles. You know he will kill you for that picture later right?! haha!

    ReplyDelete

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...