Thursday, March 20, 2014

Week in Review

On Saturday we had a fun time visiting the newest members of the Little Rock Zoo. A few weeks ago, four baby tigers were born and I must say that they are so cute! We decided to take the kids and head over to the "tiger paw-ty", cause who doesn't like birthday cake at 11:00 in the morning?
Tiger Baby

We invited some friends to meet up with us. Carol and John have just the opposite of us, with 3 girls and 1 boy, and she too likes to coordinate her kids outfits so it's pretty funny when we're all together, cause it looks like we have several sets of twins. No matter what we've got, we definitely have a traveling circus. And this particular day we had a traveling circus with rocket boosters it seemed cause the kids pretty much ran from exhibit to exhibit!
IMG_0022
IMG_0025

Here's our littlest peeps with the Daddy's watching the fish and turtles.
IMG_0023
IMG_0011

I was honestly impressed with how many animals were out and about in their cages this visit. Sometimes it seems that almost all the cages are empty or that the animals are medicated because they hardly move! Check out this bear. I think it could use a pedicure! Look at those nails!!
IMG_0015

And Lawson couldn't stay out of the trees, he really enjoyed playing in the bamboo, doesn't he look scary?
IMG_0014

After our zoo excursion and picnic lunch we headed home for naps and yard duty. We put the two little ones down then started working on cleaning out our flower beds.

Sunday, we went to church, then came home and prepped our house for our floors to be ripped up and redone for the second time since September. (It's not exactly how we like to spend money.) Here's a few of the in-process pictures. Got to love it when your toilet has to be taken out and sits in the garage. I do have to say, this time the floor is all laid flat and looks so great! I can't wait to see the finished product!
IMG_0002
IMG_0003

Monday started the demolition process so we've been displaced to my parents house which has been such a blessing. Having a place to spread out has been so nice! It has been a bit of a crazy week though. It was the week for Peyton's class to have carpool duty, which means one of us (Adam or I) had to be at the school by 7:15 every day, which doesn't sound too difficult until you throw another wrench in the mix, the fact that Adam's car is in the shop. So, we've been down to one car, living at my parents and having to all leave the house pretty early each day. Like today all six of us had to leave the house fully dressed and ready to go by 7:10 so that we could drop Peyton off at 7:30, get Adam to a meeting at work by 8, then drive all the way back across town to drop the littlest three off at MDO at 8:15, so by 8:30 I was already worn out from the day that had barely even started! Oh, and we had to pick up Peyton's class rats that I agreed to watch for the weekend, which happens to be turning into ALL.OF.SPRINGBREAK since that starts tomorrow, what?!! Just what I need right? 10 full days of rat care! Eekk!
photo-69

It's been fun in terms of getting to see Adam more though, cause we've had to drop him off then go back and pick him up, I feel like I've done a lot of carpool duty this week, but it makes me very thankful to 1)have a car and 2)that we usually have TWO cars at our disposal!! We really are so blessed! I've gotten to enjoy the views as we wait for him to come out. I must say the Bradford Pears are spectacular! I'm so glad spring is just around the corner!! I also spent the waiting time looking for self timer apps for my phone. Here, the boys and I were trying the new photo app.
IMG_0236
IMG_0234

It's been a quick week, hard to believe its Thursday! Hope yours is going well!

1 comment:

  1. Umm, I am DYING that you are having to take care of RATS. Disgusting! And so hilarious at the same time. haha!

    ReplyDelete

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...