Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Human Trafficking vs Freedom!

We all have heard of horrors that happen in the world, things that are unfathomable and completely vial. Recently I've been made more aware of the atrocities that occur each and every day and I'm left in complete disbelief that these are not just stories but peoples lives, its not made up fiction, its real, its ugly, its someones devastating reality. One of my good friends and sister in Christ, here in Birmingham, Kristi Griem, brought to my attention an organization called Freeset. Freeset is a fair trade business offering employment to women trapped in Calcutta's sex trade. They make quality jute bags and organic cotton t-shirts, but their business is freedom! They would like to see the 10,000 sex workers in their neighborhoods empowered with the choice of leaving a profession they never chose in the first place.
sewing

I cannot fathom what these women's lives are like, but when confronted with their reality, I'm compelled to do something, and the one thing I can do is support them by purchasing their products. And I have to say I do have this bag and its the perfect size for carrying things back and forth to the car, it holds my Bible, Bible Study books and other necessary items most of the time. Please look at all the cute designs and consider purchasing these for gifts at Christmas. We all have people we need gifts for and your purchase will go to such a worthy cause!
CLUSTER-CHOC-TEAL

Please watch this video and let your heart be moved! The reality will bring tears to your eye!

Kristi says:
Freeset is located in Calcutta, India, helping to free women from human trafficking by providing them employment with dignity through sewing bags. Every woman is provided medical insurance, retirement, daycare for their children, classes to learn how to read and write, and three times the wage they would receive “in line.” Join us every day December 1st through the 12th in Freeset’s Freedom Tour of 12 Days of Freedom with Freeset and become a part of the freedom story. Watch our video, shop our bags, change lives.

Here is the face of a changed life! Praise the LORD! Now lets get to buying some bags ladies!
indian woman

1 comment:

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...