Friday, October 14, 2011

These are the signs of Life!

Steven Curtis Chapman is one of our family's favorite Christian artists, his lyrics always seem to speak directly drawing us deeper into the love of our Savior. So when I heard the lyrics to "These are the signs of Life" I was reminded of my own reality! One of the verses says:

Now, I've got crayons rolling around in the floorboard of my car
Bicycles all over my driveway, bats and balls all over my yard
And there's a plastic man from outer space sitting in my chair
The signs of life are everywhere
But I've got questions rolling around in the corners of my mind
If it's true I live in a world where hope has all but died
And if I really have a living love alive in me
How am I letting it be known, how am I letting it be seen?

Here are the signs of life at my house, sand thrown everywhere, on top of and inside of everything!
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
Continuing to dig the hole that Tucker started...
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
...there are bats and balls, buckets and sand, drool and spit up...on any given day there is digging, crawling, jumping, running and now teething going on.
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
A little mischieviousness going on...
IMG_4149
And here's sweet Emerson, I tried to get a pic of his little tooth that's coming in on the bottom...maybe next time!
IMG_4186
We definately have a lot of fun here with much life being lived...but my desire is to make sure that the real signs of life, God's love being lived out in me, is evident and top priority! My prayer is that our boys see Him in my everyday responses and actions and that God's grace will cover the moments when I lose my patience and speak too harshly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...