Monday, May 9, 2011

My small house fire...Happy Mothers Day!

Well, I woke up yesterday morning to my sweet boys and husband wishing me a very Happy Mother's Day. They had made a cute recordable card and had bought a new set of pots and pans for me...(I am severely disappointed in my VERY expensive Calphalon set...NEVER AGAIN!) Anyway, I pulled the big box out of the pretty gift bag and set it up on my cooktop stove to examine my gift..it looked like a nice set of pots and pans and I thanked the boys for their thoughtfulness! I set about getting my breakfast and kept smelling this burning smell..."what is that" I kept asking myself! Well, when I turned around and saw the burner bright red and smoke coming up out of the box, I FREAKED out! Yes, it was smoking pretty strong and ashes were flying off...I thought it was out then I realized I was still seeing little flicks of fire, so I grabbed a cup and threw water all over the box, my counter and of course it ran off onto the floor! I guess I must have hit the burner's knob when I was lifting the box up out of the gift sack! Finally I had the fire completely out, but not without a complete mess in the kitchen! Black ash was all over the counter, cabinets and floor...LOVELY! To top it off we were running a bit late for church so I had to leave the mess to clean up after we got home! When we returned it still smelled like a bon fire in our house, so we had the doors and windows open for a while! It's never a dull moment here...I decided to take a few pics to document the ordeal; I'd already cleaned up the mess when I thought to take pictures. Enjoy!

My lovely new pots (stainless with no NON-STICK!)
DSCN1621

Glad I liked them, cause there was no taking them back in this condition!
DSCN1622

Here's a close up!
DSCN1624

1 comment:

  1. what calphalon pots did you have? they have a life time warranty on the expensive set. that's the set we have, and i need to replace two of the pots since the non-stick stuff is coming off.

    ReplyDelete

Lawson's Patriot Football Season

Well, its only taken me FOREVER to get these pictures uploaded to the blog.  We have been finished with the season for a month of so now---...