Monday, November 21, 2016

Thankful Feasts All Around

This year each of my kids had Thankful Feasts at school.  It was a pretty precious time of hearing scripture quoted that they've been memorizing and hearing all the things that they are thankful for.  I'm grateful for where they are in school this year and my heart is over come at times as I hear the things being taught in the classroom that we are also teaching at home.

Thursday, Ava Jane had her class program and did a great job quoting her verses and singing the songs.  How wonderful to hear her hiding God's word in her heart.
IMG_2691
IMG_2703
Grammy and Gigi came to see her and she was thrilled to have them.
IMG_2704
Emerson's class has been memorizing Psalm 100 and what a joyful noise they made to the Lord as they spoke his words to all the parents and grandparents.
IMG_2708
I am so thankful for Emerson and how well he has been doing in Kindergarten this year. My heart wanted to burst when I heard him quoting these scriptures:

Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth!
Serve the Lord with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!
Know that the Lord, he is God!
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and we are the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!
For the Lord is good;
his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness continues through all generations.
IMG_6553
IMG_6556
Lawson's class played games and watched several Thanksgiving movies then had their feast too.
IMG_6568
The fourth grade had several visitors from the Game and Fish Department who shared all kinds of information about bears and other animals native to Arkansas. After all the feasting in the first two classes, I unfortunately missed all that the fourth grade did.  I think the kids had a good time for sure and are thankful to be out of school during this holiday week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...