Wednesday, November 16, 2016

A Decade With Peyton

A decade.  How could a decade have been spent with this little boy?  I seriously have no idea how that could be?  It seems like just yesterday that I had swollen feet, high blood pressure and a brand new baby boy with big hands and big feet, who I spent every waking moment with--holding, nursing, reading to, walking with, etc...we went almost everywhere together.  And yet it seems like so long ago too, when he was actually a baby.  The days have surely been long but the years have been so short!

I am proud of the young man he is becoming.  He is one of the most kind, thoughtful and responsible children I have ever known.  I can count on him for almost anything, and I am blessed each and every day when he takes initiative to vacuum the carpet, take out the trash, clean out the car, or water the plants.  I mean, the future Mrs. Peyton Head, will be one lucky lady.  He is incredibly thoughtful and takes initiative regularly.  I see Jesus in him, in his servants heart and his sensitive nature toward people.

I enjoy spending time with Peyton, hearing him talk about all the things that interest him, things that I know nothing about.  He's full of all kinds of fun facts; facts about nature and animals.  He's a deep thinker and asks questions about many different subjects.  He likes to know why things work the way they do and he sees most things in black and white.  I appreciate his faith in God and how he takes everything Adam and I are teaching him straight to heart.  He has an incredible way of listening and then applying to his daily life, whatever we have been teaching him and for that I am so grateful.

This boy has my whole heart.  I couldn't possibly love him anymore.  Peyton, today and always, Dad and I love you more then you will ever know.  Happy 10th Birthday Bud, you'll never be single digits again!
DSC_1138-33

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...