Tuesday, November 22, 2016

A Golden Anniversary

This weekend we had the opportunity to celebrate my Aunt and Uncle's 50th wedding anniversary.  It's a major milestone, one that not many people can claim, so it was truly worthy of celebration!  Marriage is a wonderful thing, it has really sweet moments that are nostalgic and memorable but it also has many challenges and hardships as two imperfect people try to live together daily, loving each other in spite of unrealistic expectations and unspoken wishes or desires.  Learning to communicate with each other and to live with a "reservoir of grace" toward one another is so very hard to do.  I'm thankful that Aunt Jane and Uncle Jerry have loved one another well, have remained committed to each other and persevered through the hard times.
IMG_6570
IMG_6578
IMG_6574
IMG_6586
IMG_6588
IMG_6603
IMG_6602
IMG_6618
It was a surprise party and they had no inkling that many friends and family were gathering this weekend to celebrate them.
IMG_6612
IMG_6610
IMG_6607
IMG_6606
IMG_6608
IMG_6613
IMG_6616
IMG_6638
This picture captures my Aunt Jane's surprised reaction.
IMG_6621
I liked this quote that I found, "A great marriage is not when a perfect couple comes together, it is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences."   Clearly, after spending fifty years together they have learned how to "enjoy" each others differences, it is that fact that truly reveals their love for one another.  Aunt Jane and Uncle Jerry, I'm glad I could be there and toast to your commitment to each other and celebrate with you this weekend!
IMG_6637
May God continue to bless and keep you, may His light shine down upon your marriage and may He fill you with His peace.  I'm grateful for your legacy and pray that Adam and I can follow in your committed footsteps.
IMG_6628




No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...