Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Fourth of July Fun

This weekend we enjoyed time with family as we celebrated the fourth of July.  Sunday night we cooked out with Adam's family and shot off some fireworks for the first time.  My portion of the meal was simple, star shaped fruit skewers and a red and white bowl full of Texas Caviar which happens to be an addictive dip or cold salad; either way, it goes down easy!
IMG_1588

My handsome boys had fun while doing fireworks.  (Lawson had his "safety glasses" on.)
IMG_1658

Ava Jane enjoyed watching from afar.
IMG_1654
IMG_1656
IMG_1659
IMG_1650

We enjoyed watching the boys excitement as they lit the puck and then their roman candles, sparklers and many of the other twisting firecrackers that sparked and sprayed out vivid colors.  (Oh how I love this daughter of mine, she has my whole heart, and I'm thrilled she calls me Mom!)
IMG_1660

On the Fourth we'd planned to head to the lake, but with the awful weather forecast, we decided to stay home, do the pool and then watch the fireworks at the Country Club.  The kids enjoyed the ice-cream and popsicles by the pool.
IMG_1634

We had fun playing in the water!
IMG_1641
IMG_1594
IMG_1622
IMG_1619
IMG_1604
IMG_1642

It happened to be a nice evening, even giving us a little bit of a breeze as we waited for the pops to start.  It was a beautiful evening as we celebrated our country's birthday and the freedom we enjoy each day!
IMG_1664


Once the fireworks started Peyton, Lawson, Emerson and Lachlan ooooed and ahhhhed at almost every one of them !
IMG_1662
IMG_1643
IMG_1644
IMG_1663

Happy Birthday America!  We enjoyed celebrating with you!
Fireworks

Here are our past Fourth of July celebrations 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012 (this was the year we moved back to LR-- I was 7 months pregnant and packing up an entire house with three kids 5, 3, and 1-- so looking at my post is a bit comical) and finally 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...