Thursday, July 9, 2015

4th of July

This past weekend we celebrated the 4th in a low key kind of way.  It was nice to just hang out with the kids and to not have a big game plan.  Friday night we took them to the Cock of the Walk for fried pickles and catfish.  The kids had fun watching the ducks and throwing rocks in the pond.  Oh how I love these little people, they truly have my whole heart!
IMG_7374_2

IMG_7383_2


Saturday the boys all went fishing while Ava Jane and I got to hang out and play together.  That never happens so I enjoyed our tea party and books read together.
IMG_7385


IMG_7388


IMG_7390_2


Later that afternoon we'd been invited over to a friends home to grill out and watch the fireworks from their yard. We had my sweet nephew Theodore with us so being that we were a "family" of seven we went with low expectations on whether we'd actually get to watch the fireworks.  As night fell the kids were all having a splendid time so we decided to give it a go, and the kids did great!! We had a front row seat to the fireworks and enjoyed getting to meet and mingle with others.
IMG_7440


IMG_7403

IMG_7427_2


IMG_7412_2
IMG_7443_2


The boys loved playing in the sand trap!  The fact that our three littles made it through the evening without any melt downs and with the great seats we had to see the fireworks, we felt like our evening had been a lot of fun, I'm so grateful for those who fought and continue to fight for the freedoms I enjoy!!
IMG_7467_2

IMG_1140


A fun night with my man!
IMG_7454


After church I wanted to try and get a picture of the cousins.  I sure love all five of these little people!
IMG_7484_2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...