Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Delicious New Recipes

With the beauty of the past few days, we took advantage of the opportunity to grill out since there was no snow or rain (at least in the past 48 hours.) I was wanting a good burger but not just any ole run of the mill burger.  

So, I chose to do Portobello Mushroom Burgers with Aioli Sauce. It was such a scrumptious choice! After drizzling both sides of the mushrooms with olive oil and seasoning with a little salt and pepper, Adam grilled them.  For the aioli sauce, I mixed 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon of garlic in a bowl until blended. To serve, I spread the aioli sauce on a toasted onion bun, arranged the mushrooms over the meat with a handful of arugula on top.  It was delicious!
Dinner: black bean burger, caramelized onions and mixed mushrooms, mesclun greens and chipotle aioli. #vegan #homemade

I didn't want to serve the regular, guacamole or cheese dip, so I found a recipe for Charred Corn Salad which sounded much more appetizing.  It was really easy, super fresh and tasty to boot. All you have to do is simply apply olive oil, cracked pepper and salt to the red onions and fresh corn and grill until slightly charred (8-10 minutes). After transferring the veggies to a cutting board, cut the corn off the cobb and chop the onion.  In a bowl, combine 2 chopped jalapeƱos, 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, then salt and pepper to taste.  Add the corn and onions, 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice, olive oil to coat then fold in chopped fresh cilantro.
photo 5-2

photo 3-6


For our other side, I did sweet potato fries with a chipotle dipping sauce, it was zesty and flavorful.   I used paprika, ground cumin, dried oregano and sea salt to season the fries.  For the sauce I used 1 tsp of adobo sauce, 1/3 C of sour cream, 2 tablespoon of milk and 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic.  There were hardly any fries left so I'm pretty sure it was a complete hit!

photo 1-14

So that's my recent take on an American classic.  I was truly pleased with the way it all turned out and have really grown to love trying new recipes and getting outside the box.  My taste buds certainly enjoyed it!

1 comment:

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...