Tuesday, December 16, 2014

When Sick Why Not Shop?

Every week for the past three weeks someone in our house has been running fever. It hit Ava Jane and Emerson first. She ended up having RSV and a pretty good fever. Then Emerson started in with fever and a yucky nose. The next week Lawson started having a terrible cough and low fever, and this week, it got me. I've been running fever, having body aches and just not feeling well since late Saturday night. I went to the doctor yesterday and got a steroid shot, an antibiotic and nasal spray; they think I have a sinus infection. I was happy to learn that it wasn't the Flu.

We've had a lot of time to spend at the house, here's a little of what we have been doing. Ava Jane's new "smile" face is this. If I ask her smile for the camera, this is what I get.
IMG_1866
IMG_1843
IMG_1868

Emerson is learning his letters, their sounds and their shapes. He's beginning to recognize the letters and its fun to see him learning and growing.
IMG_1886
IMG_1891

And when you're sick, hot chocolate always makes things better, hence the chocolate around his mouth. And using markers on paper is so hard to do, it's much more fun to draw on your face.
IMG_1917

And since Christmas is still coming even though I have been home bound, I decided I needed to take advantage of some cyber deals, so I finally broke down and did some online shopping. I've never been a huge fan of online shopping but it became a necessity this Christmas. So I made use of Amazon for sure and the free shipping that it offered. Shopping from the comfort of my home is pretty nice, now I just hope that all my packages arrive in time!

Speaking of online shopping, in the past few months I've found several new sites that have been super fun to shop at so I thought I might share some of my most favorite stores.

For my kids, specifically Ava Jane, I have loved shopping at Eleanor Rose. They have such cute things and its all really affordable. It's great because all their pieces can be worn throughout the year. All you have to do is buy one of their adorable long sleeved ruffle tops and it's good for winter and just put the long sleeved top away when spring and summer roll around. It's very multi-purpose which is awesome. I can put a pair of jeggings on Ava Jane with some boots and she looks adorable or for the warmer months bare legs and sandals are precious! I love clothes that pull double duty!
dress_73c0a781-4acd-4b3f-aa8d-b6c0c448aefa_large
ruffle-top_large

They've even come out with some coordinating boys items which you all know that I LOVE!
button-down

Here are some other website I enjoy looking at for Ava Jane:
Persnickety-tends to be more pricey, but has really cute clothing and coordinating headbands
301-portrait-1-430x490

Appearal Tree- is another great site. I got a pair of these little ruffle shorts last summer and they were so cute.
10553488_907524249261551_1826232226931707872_n

Sweet Honey- has really fun little things as well.
maggie_large

As for myself, I've found several sites that I LOVE LOVE LOVE!
The Mint Julep has such fun things and is priced just slightly more then what you'd pay at Target. I'm loving the comfortable pieces that feel like pjs but looks like an outfit…that's what I'm going for these days!
9-36.

I bought these black riding boots back in the fall and have loved them!
_DSC0243-02

And how cute is this vest?
1-23.

A couple other sites I've enjoyed shopping for myself in are:
Simply Dixie- which happens to be a wonderful local shop right here in Little Rock. I've recently bought several slouchy sweaters and love them! I highly recommend this shop. Kathleen, the owner is a family friend and has some of the cutest things. It's affordable and trendy, you should definitely go check it out in person or online.
10704057_778002328908339_2942051291157925657_n
10249185_1555578184660923_1565702139_n

How cute are these elbow patch shirts?
1911769_664097556965484_290564253_n

Another site I've recently shopped a lot is Jane.com. They have everything from clothing and gifts to phone cases and jewelry, you name it they have it and it.is.cheap! I love that part! I've ordered long tank tops to wear under sweaters and tunic tops, as well as several pairs of leggings. This site has a little bit of everything! The only downside is that it changes every few days, so you can't always go back and get the same thing twice.
36517_thumb

Pink Tomato is also cute…love this tribal print dress.
tribal_babydoll_large

Impressions-is another site I've recently bought a skirt from and loved it. How cute is this red jacket?
201409291049360098the-cassidy-jacket_large

So there's a few of my favorite sites. I'd love to hear some of yours, so if you've got a favorite place drop me a comment. I'm always looking for new places to crush on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...