Thursday, December 11, 2014

Christmas Time Is Here

Christmas is fast approaching and it seems that there is something on the calendar almost each day, from now until Christmas morning, but what a fun time of year it is!  I love the Christmas music and of course all the lights! This past weekend we kicked off the holiday season with what's become an annual trip to Garvan Gardens. We went with many friends, and when I say many, I mean like 12 adults and 21 kids…along with half the state of Arkansas who thought it was also a great idea to go see the lights. We sat in a line of traffic for about 30-35 minutes before we even got to the parking lot. It's always beautiful and was totally worth the wait, though I must be honest, the idea of turning around in the middle of the road did get discussed.  But since there wouldn't have been another night to go, we decided to wait it out.

We all ate together, and it was pretty enjoyable, which is quite a phenomenal feat I must say, with that many kids needing something or turning something over con.stant.ly!! Purple Cow always delivers and somehow served all of us, piping hot food all at the same time…to me, that's impressive. Here's some of our little people coloring patiently while waiting for their food.
IMG_4516

Then we were off to see the lights. For several of the families in our group this was their first time to go….I think it's always fun to see people react to the beauty and number of light displays that are set up. It all was really so pretty!
Christmas lights - Hot Springs
IMG_1947
P1140598
IMG_1955
8213144671_87ca73619e_o
IMG_1963

The ride home was quiet…everyone was a little bit tired from all the fun, which enabled Adam and I to enjoy a little bit of peace and Christmas music!
IMG_2016

On Sunday, we went to have brunch with Santa, the boys were super excited! This year, no one cried in Santa's lap, which is a big deal!!
IMG_2056

Ava Jane even seemed to like sitting in Jolly Ole Saint Nicks lap. How cute is she?!
IMG_2040
IMG_2017


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...