Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving

I can hardly believe that Thanksgiving has now come and gone. It feels like life is in warp speed these days. I'm pretty sure it was just September and now, some how, October and November are in the books! This year, for the first time, the Little Rock School District took a full week off from school. And I must say I feel completely spoiled now and to be honest, I'm not sure how long it'll take me (or the kids) to get back into the groove of things.

Our Thanksgiving Day was low key and really nice. I got the great end of the stick because I only had to make three pecan pies and two pans of green bean bundles. My Mom and sister did the other cooking so I really lucked out this year! Mom's organic turkey really turned out beautiful don't you think? And it tasted great too!
IMG_1804
3132693014_2094e21053_o

The weather was so lovely that we had to enjoy a little time outside. The guys tossed the football around and the kids played out on the driveway.
IMG_1784
IMG_1786
IMG_1797

Ava Jane enjoyed being with Gigi while Lawson and G-Dad cuddled up to watch The Rescuers.
IMG_1821
IMG_3256

We left for the Head's house in time for dessert. And there were lots of tasty goodies over there as well! Its always fun to see extended family and catch up on how things have been. The boys had a great time playing with their cousin and second cousins. We enjoyed some laughs and funny stories.

Over the Thanksgiving break there were leaves to rake, since the wind had been blowing crazy hard for several days. So the boys "enjoyed" helping with that project! And look, almost all the leaves are gone, just a few more left to shake loose. Its crazy (and wonderful) how the seasons come and go, regularly, with precision. I do enjoy watching the seasons change and am thankful that here in Arkansas, we do get to experience all four seasonal changes. This year, Thanksgiving held good times with family and I'm so thankful to have been able to spend time with those I love! I am so blessed! And there is so much to be thankful for now and in the month to come!
IMG_2917
IMG_1793

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...