Sunday, November 16, 2014

Happy 8th Birthday Peyton

Eight years ago this morning, I became a Mom for the first time. I love each one of my kids equally but there is something special with your first born, the one who thrusts you into the world of motherhood. The one who had my sole attention with no others vying for my help.

This little boy is growing up so fast. I look at recent pictures and am stunned by how old he looks and how the adjective "handsome" seems to describe him better than "cute" (according to my husband).
IMG_9692


It really seems like I've blinked and eight years have passed by.  And when I think that we are almost half way through our time spent with him at home, I get a real big lump in my throat.  How can that be? But when I stop and consider all that he's doing and becoming (educationally, spiritually and physically), I realize how much he's learned in these eight years.

Adam and I are so incredibly proud of the young boy that he is.  He has so many wonderful character qualities that make us swell with pride as we see him rise to the occasion each day. Peyton is highly self motivated, he wakes up on his own each morning (thanks to his alarm) and gets dressed and makes his bed without being asked.  He has the gift of "helps" meaning, when he sees someone in need or something that needs to be done, he usually steps in to help whether thats unloading the dishwasher, emptying and carrying out the trash, raking leaves or getting snacks for his brothers or Ava Jane. If you ask Lawson and Emerson who their best friend is, they'll both say "Peyton" and Ava Jane adores him as you can see in this picture.
IMG_9780


He is truly a thoughtful young boy who purely desires to do the right thing. We see evidences of the Lord at work in him as he is developing the desire to pray at different times (like when we see emergency vehicles speeding past to an accident or a firetruck headed to an emergency situation). He enjoys reading his Bible and easily memorizes God's, which is such a joy to see and hear!

Peyton-
We love the fact that we get a front row seat as we watch you apply what God's word says to do in your every day occurrences.  We love you so very much and can't imagine life without you!   We are so grateful for you, son!  Happy 8th Birthday!   Love-Mom and Dad

"It has given me (us) great joy to find my (our) children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us" (II John 1:4).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...