Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Papulosquamous Eruptions….what?

Well, if you've been following my blog for the last year you've surely heard about my dermatological problems. Last year, they at first thought it was scapies (thankfully it was not) but not before I spent a ton of money on dry cleaning, mattress covers, etc. Then it was determined that it was actually Pityriasis Rosea, at least Dr. Kincannon hoped it was Pityriasis Rosea. Within a few months all the bumps and skin discoloration went away and my skin completely re-pigmented, much to my relief!

Fast forward more then a year and I've begun another struggle with this "disease". I've been waiting for an appointment for more then three weeks and yesterday they finally called with a cancellation so I took it or else I'd still be waiting. When Dr. Kincannon first began to examine me, he immediately said, "You've got papulosquamous eruptions". Which is exactly what he said to me last time. He said it could be several different things including Psoriasis but he still believes it to be Pityriasis Rosea, though it doesn't usually recur, though mine obviously has.
IMG_0499

So as of now, with my prescription medicine and the doctors order to "seek UV light therapy" (AKA-going to a tanning bed), I'm thankful to report that the rash seems to be responding and going down. I will finish out my month of tanning and if the rash remains then he will biopsy it and verify if it is in fact, Psoriasis, I sure hope not!!
IMG_2895

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...