Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Lazy Lake Days

Every summer we have a Head/McLellan/Wistrand/Utter lake day (Here are the links to years past 2013, 2012, 2011). This year our group was a little smaller since several family members couldn't make it. We sure missed having everyone together. Even with our "smaller group" we still had a "redneck yacht club" going on though! And it's never a "real" lake trip unless there's some kind of boat drama or a run in with the Park Ranger. Thankfully on both accounts we were prepared with another battery and had all the "safety equipment" when the Ranger decided to take a look.
IMG_9092

IMG_9062

IMG_9046

IMG_9071

IMG_9072


Emerson enjoyed playing silly with Poppy!
IMG_9033


The boys had a great time jumping off the top and working on who could make the biggest splash.
IMG_9115

IMG_9154

IMG_9139


The weather was more than perfect. It was sunny and warm all three days and the water was so refreshing. After our very mild summer with lots of rain, I was a bit concerned how cool it might be, but thankfully, it was wonderful!
IMG_9175

IMG_9397

IMG_9248


There's so many fond memories from my own childhood years spent going to Lake Ouachita and Shangri-La each summer so it's really fun for me that my kids are starting to make their own memories there as well. Most of the time we just tubed, skied and swam around in a cove. It was nice to just really do nothing. There were a few harry moments, mostly with Ava Jane's lack of a good nap, but for the most part, it was really nice. It never ceases to amaze me how beautiful that lake is. It's truly just breath taking in the morning and evenings. It was fun to sit out at the picnic tables or on the pointe.
IMG_9170

IMG_9172

IMG_9367


Throwing rocks and finding "gun sticks" is always a highlight for the boys. And here's Lawson "walking on the water".
IMG_9329

IMG_9255

IMG_9280

IMG_9304


Do you see my "shell rock", Mom? This little guy is pretty cute, he can push me to my limits on the pendulum of overwhelming love and overtaking frustration, he is teaching me and stretching me in ways that are both hard and so very good. It was pointed out to me this past week, what a vocabulary this little three year old has. He uses phrases like, "that was awesome", "I am quite sure" as well as words like "majestic, magnificent and sovereign" when describing who God is…pretty large words for such a little guy. Oh how I love my Emie.
IMG_9363


And this little girl is precious and oh so sweet but she's developing an independent and some what sassy attitude. Here she might as well have been yelling "freedom" cause she was running around like a crazy lady!
IMG_9331


But then there's moments like these that make me so happy and proud to be her mother, it truly is such a privilege!
IMG_9335

IMG_9351

IMG_9318


Peyton conquered the wake this trip. He finally got up the nerve to go over the edge and he was thrilled! He skied all over that lake and never wanted to stop. We were so proud of him and excited to have another little skier in the family.
IMG_9471

IMG_9188

IMG_9422


I loved this picture of my four boys. Adam was pretending that they were in the midst of a big storm and shaking their raft so hard to see who could stay on. The kids had a blast, they always love playing with their Daddy. I couldn't ask for a more loving, giving, caring or involved husband and father. I feel tremendously blessed as I sit here looking through pictures.
IMG_9484

IMG_9488


So that about wraps up our lazy lake days of 2014. I can't believe that summer is winding down and that school days are just around the corner, yuck!
IMG_9424

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...