Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thanksgiving

I've been a little bit checked out from the blog the past week due to all the get togethers, time with family, putting up Christmas and in the past 24 hours Ava Jane has had the stomach bug so, here's a bit of a catch up.

This year we did something different, instead of doing lunch with my family and feeling rushed to get the kids down for a nap so that they'd be pleasant for the next family gathering that same afternoon, we chose to split it all up this year and I think it worked out nicely.

Thursday afternoon we spent time with the Head side of the family, it's always fun to catch up with everyone. We had all the college kids home and there were lots of babies to pass around this year too.
IMG_3193

I couldn't resist a little turkey bo-bo!
IMG_3194

These days my boys are thoroughly in love with eating their chicken (or in this case, his turkey) "on the bone"…Peyton was eating like a king and loving every bite!
IMG_3178

Grammy and I looked a little bit alike…we must've gotten the memo.
IMG_3191

IMG_3195
IMG_3211
IMG_3213
IMG_3197

Unfortunately I didn't get pics of everyone, most of the menfolk were focused on the football game going on downstairs so I didn't even try to interrupt that. We enjoyed our fill of Thanksgiving favorites for sure!

On Friday morning my Dad and Adam got the opportunity to go duck hunting so they took it and came home with 8 mallards, the boys were thrilled to get to see them up close and getting to hold them was of course, the best part!
IMG_3226
IMG_3228
IMG_3221
IMG_3225
IMG_3237

The guys got cleaned up then we enjoyed our Thanksgiving lunch. There was a little dancing in the kitchen and of course some cooking…
IMG_3259
IMG_3266

It always amazes me how time consuming buying, prepping and making all the food is versus how quickly a meal comes and goes. It was tasty though, and we certainly had a lot to be thankful for this year (Ava Jane's heart health, a brother in law added to the family, stable reports from Mom's eyes, Adam's job that he really enjoys, and kids who continue to learn and grow) we are indeed blessed!
IMG_3247
IMG_6065
IMG_6043

After lunch it was time to watch the Razorback game…it was such a good try, I sure wish they could have pulled out the win! Daddy was a wee bit tired from his early morning in the duck woods.
IMG_3252

Do you see the resemblance?
IMG_3256

We did manage to get some fall family pictures too, I can't wait to get our Christmas cards out, but here's a little sneak peek. Are they not adorable!!? Thanks to my wonderful Mom and husband who helped to make those big smiles! After looking through the hundreds of pics that my Mom and I have taken on two different occasions over the past month, I think we finally nailed a few that are adorable!
IMG_3325

Hope you enjoyed time with your family, I sure did!

1 comment:

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...