Monday, December 16, 2013

A Week's Worth of Christmas Parties...

We have had four different Christmas parties in the past 5 days. It's been fast and furious to say the least, but its also been a lot of fun.

I enjoy hosting and feel like its something that comes fairly naturally to me, so I was excited to get my BLOOM (Building a Legacy Out of Motherhood) Bible study group together to have a playdate and a cookie exchange. We missed those who couldn't come but we still had 13 kiddos 4 and under and thankfully had two wonderful girls who watched them in the playroom so that us Momma's could really visit. Thanks Emily and Anna!
IMG_3801

It was a little crazy so I didn't get very many pictures but here's a few…
IMG_3793
IMG_3795

After all the sugar, sprinkles and icing were cleaned up I prepped my house for the next Christmas party. Our D-Group from church got all dressed up and headed to Bravo for dinner. It was so nice to have a quiet adults only dinner. After that, we headed back to our home for some dessert, drinks and a friendly game of Dirty Santa. It was fun to pull out my holiday china, silver trays, Lenox mugs for Hot Cocoa and wine glasses. Adam and I love this group and greatly appreciate the spiritual encouragement we get from being around each of these friends. We feel tremendously blessed!
IMG_5338
IMG_6220

On Wednesday we enjoyed a Christmas dinner with our family at S. Tyler Street's Opportunity Center. We have really grown to LOVE Shana and Cache. Our boys enjoy playing together, running up and down the hall is one thing they always look forward to doing! We ate a delicious meal together, got to hear the Christmas story and played a few rounds of Jenga. We had a lot of fun!
IMG_3727
IMG_3722
IMG_3728
image.png

Lawson liked playing with the Nutcracker from the centerpiece…
IMG_3724

Friday night we did Christmas with Adam's side of the family. With getting food, gifts and 4 kids there in the pouring rain I forgot my camera and I didn't take even one pic with my i-phone, boo! It was fun seeing everyone and getting to visit.

Saturday my Mom had all the grandkids over to decorate sugar cookies and make gingerbread houses. I think the kids had a great time! After the first couple of dozen they got tired of decorating and it became a family affair…it was really fun! Thanks for putting it all together Mom!
IMG_3841
IMG_3721
IMG_3880
IMG_3719
IMG_3830
IMG_3718

Saturday night was Arkansas Heart Hospital's Christmas party. It was a great evening. Its always fun getting to dress up, but getting to go and meet all the doctors, nurses and staff that work with Adam was a real treat for me. The Cardiologists were quite entertaining as they did skits, sang and spoke to the crowd as they passed out all the different door prizes. The music and dancing was great, I think a good time was had by all.
IMG_3902

Well, thats a brief synopsis of our week. Hope you had a restful and fun weekend. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...