Friday, December 13, 2013

Melt My Heart...

Ava Jane turned one back in September. We had her 1 year pictures done then, but it wasn't until yesterday that I got my CD of pictures from Kristin Hollensworth. All of them were so good I couldn't narrow it down so we ended up purchasing all the digital copies and I'm loving being able to use the pictures and post them on this here blog. I owe a big "Thanks" to Kristin, she captured Ava Jane so well…these pictures are precious to me! I think they might melt your heart too.

Her Great Grandmother gave her an adorable little rocking chair that her Dad had sat in as a child so the chair is over a 100 years old, I couldn't possibly pass up the opportunity to have her portrait done with it, so here's a few of my favorites of her sitting in it.
Head037
Head051

I absolutely love these next pictures of her…
Head161
Head133
Head135

We did some outdoor pics with her balloons and tutu…
Head208
Head206
Head223

Oooohhh! I can hardly stand it! I just love those little legs! Don't you want to eat them up?!
Head239

There were some indoor pics of she and I together…
Head217
Head214
Head083
Head155

Isn't she a doll?
Head021

And of course there were the cupcake pictures…
Head093
Head173

I'm pretty sure she had a great time!!
Head197

I can't believe she's a year old. She looks more and more like a toddler then a baby every day! She wasn't quite walking by herself on her 1st birthday so she was the slowest of the kiddos to start walking but she took her first steps and was then off and going on October 30th and she's not looked back one bit. She's definitely enjoying her new found freedom of going and doing whatever she pleases. She's into everything right now. Her favorite thing to do is pull all the items out of my bathroom drawers. She's gotten really good at chunking brushes and makeup not only onto the floor but into the tub. She's also figured out that I keep the bread and flour tortillas in a drawer in our kitchen, regularly she gets into the tortillas and can be found traipsing around the house with two handfuls of them with a few bites eaten out of each one. If I try taking them away from her, lets just say you'd think all hell had broken loose. She might not be talking a ton, but she certainly gets her point across! She's been solely on a sippy cup for the past two months and transitioned to whole milk easily. She does a great job of feeding herself and loves yogurt covered raisin, yogurt, goldfish and pretty much anything we eat. Her favorite vegetable is green peas and cooked carrots. At her 1 year checkup she weighed 22 lbs 20 oz, she was 30" long and her head was 18". Her blood pressure was 93/78 and her heart rate was 105. All of her heart check ups have gone well so far and things are looking steady and good which we are so thankful for. She seems to be growing and developing right on target now and we are so grateful for that! Just in the last few days she has started saying something that resembles "thank you" when I give her a cup or food and regularly says "uh oh" when she drops something. I love her so much and am so thankful for this first year we've had with her! She's a blessing and a true joy! We love you sweet Ava Jane, we can't imagine a day without you!
Head104

2 comments:

  1. Court! These are SO good! You are beautiful and Ava Jane is a doll baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pictures of your precious baby girl!

    ReplyDelete

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...