Friday, February 1, 2013

Honesty...the best policy

I just have to brag on Peyton, this is a little late in coming up on my blog, but better late then never!

While we were in the hospital with Ava Jane, he was recognized in the Kids With Character Assembly at his school. The character quality that his teacher recognized him for was "honesty". What a wonderful quality to have exhibited to his teacher and in his classroom.

We often talk about being honest, and telling the truth, at our house. And its one of those qualities that I've been praying for Peyton to own and exhibit, so, what an answer it was when we found out that he was being honored for displaying that character trait!

Here's my honest boy...
Scan

Getting up on stage in front of a lot of people is hard for him, but here he is, receiving his award...
PB300100

Standing on stage with the other recipients...
PB300103

I will continue praying for this quality to develop in him, because honesty is one of those fundamental, foundational things that can alter the trajectory of our entire lives if its not learned! My prayer is that as he learns to be honest, he will also be growing his character in the areas of integrity, taking responsibility and speaking the truth in love.

Peyton, Mom and Dad are so proud of you! You are learning and putting into practice the things we have taught you and the things that God is convicting you of. You are a precious little boy and we are so thankful that God gave you to us!!

I have to send out a HUGE thank you to Holly Schimmel, a wonderful Mom, that I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet, but who knew Ava Jane was having surgery, so she took pictures of Peyton for me in my absence!! Thanks so much for your thoughtfulness Holly, I truly appreciate you sending these to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...