Tuesday, April 5, 2011

And They're Off!

For Christmas Peyton got a Lightening McQueen bike and he really liked it...however it was a love/hate relationship; for a while he wanted to ride it but wanted Adam or I to constantly hold onto the seat...it was quite an effort, but after much coaxing and the "you can do it Buddy"...he's off and riding! It's hard to get him off of it now! Most people don't realize how hilly Birmingham is and our drive way has quite the incline, so the other day Adam and I took the boys to a park that has a flat parking lot and they were off!

Picnik collage
DSCN1110
Picnik collage

One day last weekend Adam was mowing the backyard and Peyton went out with him to play. I was in the house doing some cleaning while Emerson and Lawson slept. The mower was going and I decided I should probably just check on Peyton, I started looking for him over the deck rail, but couldn't find him nor did I hear him...I started calling his name then I heard "Mom, I'm up hear!" I looked up to find my four year old son half way up the HUGE magnolia tree in our backyard...yes, he had climbed up there and was quite pleased with himself! Since then, he's continued climbing up the tree almost daily and I have to remind myself that he's a boy and that I need to let him venture out...I'm hoping he'll not fall down out of it!

Picnik collage

A couple of Sunday's back, Peyton's Sunday school teacher told us when we were picking him up that she'd been asking him some questions. She asked him who was his best friend and he said "Lawson"...well when she told me that, my heart just melted, since that is his younger brother! It's fun to see them playing together and really enjoying it!. They definitely irritate each other too, but for the most part they have a great time!

Picnik collage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...