Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Trip To California Part 1

Adam had a cancer conference to attend in San Fransisco a couple of weeks ago so I decided to tag along.  We flew in and landed early enough in the day to go visit one of the top 20 cancer facilities in the country.  It was eye opening to see how that organization compared with CARTI, here in Little Rock.  I'm not personally in health care, so my opinion doesn't really count, but when you compare the state of the art building, the wonderful physicians, nurses and administrative team at CARTI, there truly was no comparison!  It's exciting to think about the opportunities that exist here in Central Arkansas for patients suffering with this disease.
IMG_6991
IMG_6990
After we finished our cancer center tour we headed back to the hotel to change clothes and take a walk along the ocean shore and around by one of the harbors.  The views were beautiful and it was nice to have a little time to carve out together before the conference started the next morning.
IMG_7016
IMG_6998IMG_7013
IMG_7097
IMG_7021
The scenery was beautiful and the company was perfect!
IMG_7032
 As we headed back to the hotel we came across a yummy food truck and enjoyed some shrimp tacos for lunch.
IMG_7038
IMG_7041
That evening we headed down to the pier for dinner.  It was clear that I was not from around those parts, as I had on white jeans while everyone else around us wore dark colors ranging from gray to black or navy...there was no spring time, summery colored clothing found there...so I stuck out like a sore thumb.  (Adam even had a conversation about the color of the clothing with one of the men from San Fransisco who was hosting the conference, who admitted it was a cultural thing that he couldn't pin point a reason behind it.)
IMG_7078
IMG_7058
We sauntered through one of the food markets down by the Embarcadero.
IMG_7060
IMG_7059
Adam was in the conference the next day and a half so I enjoyed laying in my quiet hotel room, on the bed, all by myself reading and resting.  (And this was my view from the room--not too shabby huh?)
IMG_7053
Midday I decided to get brave and called my own Uber and headed back down to the pier to do a little shopping at Sephora and then some sight seeing.
IMG_7096
I got to see AND hear the seals...it was pretty impressive to see them covering all the docks.
6683564145_5f694ef4c8_o
IMG_7110
There was a lot to see that afternoon, the pier was bustling with people young and old.  And there was a pretty carousel that caught my attention.
IMG_7114
3563276221_4b0f1028a9_o
I ended the afternoon by doing something I've NEVER done before, order dinner and sit by myself at a table.  I was a big girl and hung out in a big city alone all afternoon and really did have a good time!  I got some fish tacos from Boudin, which is famous for its sour dough bread (or in this case sour dough tortillas), it was delicious!
IMG_7123








No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...