Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Take Me Out To the Ball Game

Well, we finished up our second season of baseball for Emerson.  Having never played t-ball before, stepping right up to the plate to play baseball with boys who had played multiple seasons, was a lot, but Emerson did great and ended Fall Ball as "Rookie of the Year"!  We were so proud of him.  He hung in there and learned to "keep his elbow up", "bat back" and to keep his front foot planted and to step toward the pitcher, not backwards.  Learning to field a ball and keep his eye on it, were all learning experiences that made for some frustrating moments for him and for Adam as they played catch over and over again.   But in the end, he learned how to do it and to see the smile on his face when he finally caught a ball in the air or threw the ball to Adam (in the proper direction) was really fun to watch!  Emerson, you were known as the most organized baseball player on the team and helped keep the dugout picked up and free of any of your items.  You kept it all together neatly in your backpack and your coaches appreciated you.   Dad and I are proud of all that you've learned and can't wait to cheer you on again!  You bring a smile to our face with all your quirky mannerisms and facial expressions--I'm not sure where you get those (wink, wink---the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree my boy---and you are for sure, my child!)
IMG_8454

IMG_8460

IMG_8450

IMG_8451

IMG_8452
This cutie in the outfield makes me smile and my heart wants to burst with joy!
IMG_8422
IMG_8387

CSC_0858

CSC_0672
With a steady eye on the ball and his elbow back, he swung and hit that ball, then ran hard to first base!  Emerson, you did great this year in baseball!  Daddy and I love you and are so very proud of your effort.
CSC_0860

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...