Wednesday, November 22, 2017

CARTI: Festival of Trees

This past week was filled with wonderful events that all benefited CARTI. CARTI, is THE cancer treatment facility that provides hope and healing to Arkansans statewide.  This was my first time to experience all of the Festival of Trees and I must say, each night was truly fun for a cause.

It kicked off with Ava Jane and Adam getting all decked out for the Sugar Plum Ball.  To say she was excited about this soiree is a huge understatement, she was elated!  Since this Daddy Daughter evening happened to fall the exact day that Emerson was in the hospital with his severe allergic reaction, and I was in the hospital with him, this is the only picture I got this year.
IMG_0968
Festival After Dark, on Thursday night, was an evening of casual mingling mixed with some of the tastiest restaurants in town serving some of their most decadent items such as truffle oil mac and cheese, asiago cheese and bacon tater tots and miniature chicken tacos with the freshest salsa that was all very delicious.  There were silent auction items to bid on and I believe it was Arkansas Circus Art who performed for the evening, they were quite talented.
IMG_2174-2
I have never been to a live runway fashion show, so I was in for a real treat on Friday evening at Festival of Fashion.  It was a high energy, upbeat show filled with trendy items from some of the most prominent boutique clothiers in town.  Whitney was my plus one, it was fun to spend an evening together kid free!
IMG_2253
IMG_2246
The week culminated at Tux n Trees, which was a beautiful affair and one I was glad to be apart of. There are so many wonderful things happening at CARTI that Adam and I are both excited to be involved with and to see come to fruition. The physicians are excellent, their care and concern for their patients is evident and to be apart of an organization that reaches all four corners of the state, treating all forms of cancer, makes it an amazing organization to be apart of.  It was a very busy week, but these four nights were filled with fun!
IMG_2268
It was great to have good friends there to spend the evening with.
IMG_2266

IMG_2282

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...