Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Norah Jane's Sip and See

I'm at that stage where I'm not getting regular invitations to many weddings anymore and honestly not even many baby showers either.  So when two families in our D-Group each adopted precious baby girls within weeks of each other, us ladies began thinking about how to celebrate the excitement of this news.  We got to celebrate Lizzie Hutchins precious life a few weeks ago (which you can see here) and last weekend we joined together with more friends to welcome sweet Norah Jane.  After our initial text of trying to find a date that worked for most people to host it, we determined that literally the very next Saturday was the only weekend that worked for most of the hostesses due to summer plans and family vacations.  So we threw this little soirée together within seven short days.  And if I do say so myself, I think my talented friends and I did a fabulous job pulling it off.  We chose to go with a color scheme that mimics what Marla is going to do in the nursery, black and white stripes with pops of hot pink and bright colors.  We had a fantastic brunch complete with a mimosa bar as well as a coffee one too.
IMG_9339
IMG_3508

IMG_3511
IMG_3523

IMG_3519


IMG_3529
IMG_9344

IMG_3514

IMG_9332
This group of ladies are some of my most dear friends (Nana and Megan, what fun it was to do this shower together.)  




IMG_9353
Marla is not short on exuberant expressions and I LOVE that about her!!  (Here she is showing off  Norah's adorable bedding!!)

IMG_9371
And I'm always in my happy place when I'm getting to snuggle a precious baby and this one is no exception!!

IMG_3540
Marla, what a privilege to have gotten a front row seat to this God story.  From start to finish, what a remarkable, thing God has done for your family.  I'm so very, very glad that Nate "got to bring his 'work' home!"  I CANNOT wait to see what the Lord is going to do through this precious little bundle of joy!   May God continue to knit your hearts together as you bond and may He fill your hearts with incredible peace as you and Nate continue to follow after Him.  
FullSizeRender-26

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...