Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Recap of 2013

Wow, I hardly believe that today is January 7, 2014. I've taken a slight blogging hiatus to take care of some very sick kids, one of which has been running a fever off and on since Dec. 27th and one who has been diagnosed with allergies, but there'll more about that in another post. So since I've had a little time to think about the past year I thought I 'd do a little remembering as we look forward into the newness and freshness of what 2014 might possibly hold for the Head family.

I started the year off by joining a Food Co-Op, that was (and still is) a HUGE blessing in my life. Though I don't enjoy the actual cooking of 16 meals per month for four families, I do enjoy a very stocked freezer where I can turn to when its been "one of those days". Thanks ladies for letting me be apart of it!
photo-11

My sister got married
IMG_1634
IMG_1653
IMG_1628

There were lots of firsts:
My first time to be diagnosed with scabies, no I mean pityriasis rosea or possibly psoriasis? But, no, thankfully it wasn't the life long struggle of psoriasis…once I got on the correct meds, Pitorisa Rosea was cleared up in a few weeks, thank goodness!
photo-6

My first trip to Wye Mountain with the kids. The daffodils were so much fun to see and pick.
IMG_1093

Our first time to really be acquainted with a cause, to really feel and see what research and development of procedures along with the education and skills of Doctors can do in the life of one precious little girl, our Ava Jane. We will forever be thankful to organizations like the Heart Association that does research and finds answers to problems and cures for heart related illnesses. It was our first time to do the Heart Walk, we will surely be there again this year, go Ava Jane's Angel's!
IMG_1815
IMG_1814

Lawson played soccer and t-ball for the first time.
IMG_0176
IMG_2473

It was Peyton's first year of t-ball and piano.
IMG_2454
IMG_1840

Our first time to pick blueberries…they were oh so yummy!
IMG_2491

It was the first year since college that we've all been back in the same town…thank you Lord for such good friends to do life with…I've loved our regular playdates!!
IMG_1916

My first ever hot air balloon ride, which was so fun and totally repeatable!
IMG_3044

Ava Jane's First Birthday and 1 year pictures
Head208
IMG_0025
Head117

And then we found out that the DNA test came back as "normal female chromosomal formation" so we no longer had to wonder about the possibility of Turner's Syndrome. Praise the Lord!!
IMG_3104

Peyton got to go deer hunting and shoot the gun.
photo-56

Adam and I celebrated our 10 years anniversary and truly enjoyed our trip to Cali.
6023714727_fe4bb8e903_o
IMG_3303

I learned how to use my camera a little better.
IMG_0914
IMG_0920

I got to be Room Mom to Peyton's 1st grade class for the first time.
IMG_3174

I got to experience Garvan Woodland Gardens and all its spectacular lights!
3176214982_7c2474cda3_b

We enjoyed several trips:
To the lake…
IMG_3852
IMG_1538

To cheer on the Hogs, though it was a rough season, we still enjoyed being at our Alma Mater!
4

Out to beautiful Napa…part 1, , part 2, part 3.


IMG_3132

There was the trip to Nashville…and seeing the "Batman building" as the boys like to call it…
IMG_2050

And then up to the majestic Smokey Mountains in Gatlinburg…part 1, part 2, part 3
XUx0EbRgveLNtCsjnx1U3__UsCzLVjaAVbvv2FH_Xw0
IMG_2689

I am so blessed. As I look back over this year I realize once again how fortunate I truly am and how very much I love these little people God has blessed me with. Some days are really, REALLY, hard. But I wouldn't change it for the world. I love my life, where God's put me and who He's placed in my path. I look forward with great expectation as to what this next year may hold for our family. Hope you all have had a great start to the year, and that you're blessed in 2014!
IMG_3325

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...