Saturday, September 22, 2012

Nursery Reveal...

I had hoped to have done this post last weekend, but instead, I was in the hospital getting to meet my sweet baby girl!

I absolutely LOVE how her nursery turned out!  My Mom and I did the bedding and table skirt, we literally looked EVERYWHERE (from Birmingham to Memphis and all the fabric places here in town).  After all that shopping and looking I finally settled on these colors and fabrics (I loved the icey pink--it wasn't too light nor was it bright pink) and I love the mocha linen that I chose to pair with it all...I feel like its a quiet retreat for this precious little lady!


I found the glider rocker at Caroline's Consignment up in the Heights, what a great little shop that is!  We are still working on the toile lumbar pillow that will go in the chair, but I wanted to go ahead and blog about her nursery.

The baby bed was actually mine as a baby and was quite the collaborative work; my Mom painted it white, my Dad attached the decorative wood piece then my sister glazed it, didn't it turn out beautiful?! 




Here's the finished product....didn't it turn out great!!


My sister, Whitney, has begun a business, Whimsy Hill Designs, where she updates furniture by distressing vintage pieces and giving them a more up to date look, she uses chalk paint and an array of glazes to achieve certain looks.  She also specializes in home organization, helping to make things run more efficiently as well as home design (staging design and home decor).   If you're interested in her doing any home or furniture updates for you please contact her at wmclell@gmail.com

She painted, distressed and sealed this dresser and I'm IN.LOVE.WITH.IT!


This chandelier was actually hanging in the hallway of our new home and I thought it'd be a perfect light fixture in our girly-girls room, so we just had an electrician do a little switch-a-roo and there you have it!

I almost died when I found this adorable ruffled lamp shade at Hobby Lobby on sale 50% off, I love me some Hobby Lobby!  And the other lamp, on the round table, I found that at Stein Mart and it coordinated perfectly and was a whopping $39.99 can't beat that!! 

As for the artwork, I painted the pictures myself, I looked all over the internet for just the right thing and couldn't find it, so I took an idea I'd found and waited for Hobby Lobby to run their 20x20 inch canvases on sale and went to town painting! 


We ordered the fabrics and trim from Fabrics Etc in Little Rock, Premier Fabrics in Memphis and I actually found the linen fabric that we used for the bedskirt at Hancock's for $8.99/yard, how great is that?! 

The bumper pad was a floor sample from Pickles and Ice Cream, it was on sale for a killer price so I snatched it right up, then Mom and I tweeked it a bit because some of the colors they used on it didn't quite go...I think it turned out lovely!

 
 
Well, that's a little peek into Ava Jane's room...there's a few finishing touches we're working on, but for the most part, that's it!
 
And here's the little lady herself, a week old yesterday! 


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Way impressed with your paintings, too! And, Ava Jane is beautiful - look at all that hair! Hope y'all are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her room is gorgeous! Every detail is just perfect! I will have to make note of your sister's business--the furniture pieces are so neat. I have a kitchen buffet that I would like to change up, if I can ever get the "ok" from Lane. :) Love what you did with your crib--how special! Ava Jane is a blessed little girl! I look forward to visiting with you soon (hopefully next Friday!). Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how her nursery turned out! You did a great job. I can't wait to come meet that precious girl! We miss your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...