Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Taste of Thai: Pad Thai

I absolutely LOVE Thai food, but I've never tried cooking it myself. My Mother in Law gave me a Thai cookbook so I decided to get brave and try out a few of the recipes. One of my favorite meals is Pad Thai, its a great noodle dish! I honestly was really impressed with how this turned out, Adam liked it (though he'd have enjoyed it better if it was spicey), and the boys enjoyed it too. It's pretty quick to put together and I just served it with some egg rolls and vegetable stir-fry...it was a score all the way around. So here's the recipe.

IMG_5803
It serves 4
Ingredients Needed:
8oz thick dried rice noodles
2 Tbsp peanut oil
4 scallions, coarsely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 fresh red chiles, seeded and sliced
8oz pork tenderloin, trimmed and thinly sliced
4oz cooked, peeled jumbo shrimp
juice of a lime
2 Tbsp Thai fish sauce (it is stinky!)
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 C fresh bean sprouts
handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
1/3 C unsalted peanuts, chopped

1.Cook the noodles according to the package directions, until just tender. Drain, then rinse under cold water and set aside.
IMG_5806

2.Heat a wok over medium-high heat, then add the oil. Add the scallions, garlic and chiles and stir-fry 1-2 minutes. Add the pork and stir fry over high heat for 1-2 minutes or until browned all over.
IMG_5810

3.Add the shrimp, lime juice fish sauce and eggs then stir-fry over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until the eggs have set and the shrimp are heated through.
IMG_5813

4.Add the bean sprouts, most of the cilantro, the peanuts and the noodles and stir-fry for 30 seconds or til heated through. Serve immediately garnished with remaining cilantro.
IMG_5817

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...