Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's!

We had a great time celebrating Valentine's Day this year! We had several friends over for a little V-Day party and decorated heart shaped sugar cookies and then did a cute craft where the kids could make a lion, ladybug or bear plate, they turned out pretty cute. I must say it was definitely fun but a bit chaotic with 12 kids running around like crazy people. The part I enjoyed the most was being able to visit and catch up with the all the Mom's!
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
IMG_6249
Picnik collage
This year I did get a little crafty and decided that I'd try my hand at a few home made V-Day treats. Instead of buying candy I chose goldfish (for Emerson's baby class) and plastic bugs (for Lawson and Peyton's classes). I have to say I thought they turned out pretty cute! And it honestly didn't take too much time or prep either, which is a big plus and the cost was about the same as purchasing pre-printed cards and candy! I got the ideas from Here and Here at the wonderful world of Pinterest!
Picnik collage

On Valentine's morning I got up and made strawberry and chocolate chip pancakes, the boys were over the moon about them! It was a definite score!
Picnik collage

Here, they're calling Gigi to thank her for their V-Day treats that were waiting for them on the table that morning, they ABSOLUTETLY loved the MnM's and since it was a special morning I did let them eat the candy and they thought that was AWESOME!
Picnik collage

We enjoyed a nice Italian meal which I so lovingly ordered from Olive Garden then went and picked up, that was such a treat for me (not having to cook). We all ate together with candle light to set the atmosphere and Adam liked reading over his little gift I put together for him (another idea from Pinterest!)
Picnik collage

Hope y'all had a great V-Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...