Saturday, July 23, 2011

Girl's Night Out!

I had such a great time being back in Little Rock last week. Getting to catch up with friends and family was such a treat! The kids and I got to enjoy a playdate everyday...it was fun for the boys to see their friends and for me to catch up with people!

IMG_4374
Friday night I got to celebrate the upcoming birth of Baby Henry with some old and now new friends with a delicious dinner at Cantina Laredo!
Picnik collage
Picnik collage

A lady sitting at a table near ours leaned over and gave Jenn a lei...saying she'd obviously been laid, how random is that? I carry a lot of things in my purse, but NOT a lei!!
IMG_4367

After dinner all of the girls from my old Community Group were going to Hot Springs to hang out at a condo on Lake Hamilton! What a treat to get away with good friends and just have some down time as mom's! We tried to do a little shopping at William Sonoma and Pottery Barn but just as we stepped up to the doors the lights went out...unfortunately all we could do was window shop...but hey that's something I never get to do anymore, so even that was awesome! After we got to the condo and settled in a bit I decided I needed to do my motherly duty with my "friend" the breast pump, I pulled out the bag with my pump only to realize I'd forgotten the bottle and parts that are a necessity so we made a late night run to Wally World...it felt like we were back in college...all except needing parts to a breast pump!!
IMG_4375

The next morning we "slept in" which now adays, is somewhere in the vicinity of 8:00 then put on our swimsuits and went to breakfast. We ate a delicious down home breakfast at the English Muffin and thoroughly enjoyed uninterrupted conversation!
IMG_4376
IMG_4377

Next we headed for the pool to lounge around and relax! It was so nice to simply have to think about putting my own sunblock on, grabbing a magazine that I actually got to look through COMPLETELY and being able to take a relaxing dip in the pool!
IMG_4378

When we'd had enough of the suns rays, we got cleaned up and enjoyed lunch and shopping at some local boutiques! I found several fun shops one of which is Material World, it has beautiful fabrics but also great gift ideas and adorable jewelry all with affordable prices which makes me happy!
IMG_4380

On our way back to Little Rock we stopped to see Harry Potter, I'd not seen any of those movies so a friend had to catch me up, but I really enjoyed it and the 3D experience!
IMG_4382
IMG_4383

What a blessing good friends are! Thanks girls for letting me tag along, it was such a blast! I love making memories with you!

2 comments:

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...