Thursday, March 15, 2018

Meet the Newest Member of our Family...

At Christmas we put a little blue collar with a tag that said "Major" in Ava Jane's stocking.  At first she thought it was a bracelet but Peyton quickly corrected her and then looked questioningly at us, saying "it's a dog collar"!  For a while now Peyton has been asking for a dog, but with four kid and all the crazy, I kept saying "no, not now buddy".  But being that he is a most responsible child, who turned 11 in November, Adam and I decided that it would be a fun gift for him and the whole family really.  So in mid November we began the puppy search and landed on a breeder in Northwest Arkansas.   We went to pick him out in January, here's what we saw when we first met. 
IMG_3620
IMG_3621
IMG_3672
Then in February, we went back to get him for good in February when he was 8 weeks old.  Adam was pretty excited about this little adventure, I on the other hand was less enthusiastic, but got on board after seeing this cute little face.
IMG_4887
IMG_4878
Major loved Adam from the get go.  I thought this was a cute picture of him looking up at Adam.
IMG_4870
Major was quiet and calm the entire ride home and fell asleep in Peyton's lap, it was pretty sweet.  (He weighed about 15 lbs when we got him.)
IMG_4898
This week marks four weeks that he has been with us.  We went for his second round of puppy vaccines and he weighed in at a whopping 21.1 lbs at 16 weeks....clearly he's liking his food options and growing like a weed!
IMG_5808
IMG_5804
Major has brought a lot of joy to our kids, especially Peyton.  He has loved it when I bring Major with me to pick him up from school and he is thoroughly enjoying taking Major on walks in the afternoons.  He's proven to be as responsible with the dog as we thought he would be.  I can honestly say, that other then liking to get ahold of and chew on our socks and shoes he has been doing great, he's pottying outside really well and is learning how to sit and stay so we are thrilled with his progress.  He has made a nice addition and I am mostly enjoying my days spent with him.
IMG_9249

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...