Wednesday, August 9, 2017

14 Years Into Marriage


Today marks fourteen years that Adam and I have been married.   FOURTEEN YEARS!  That's no small number.  In one way it seems like it has been a long time, but in another way it feels as though the years have sped by.
DSC_1155-36
We've had fourteen years as a married couple but only thirteen of those actually living together (because he was deployed to Iraq for a year).  Twelve years ago was the year we spent apart (which is unbelievable to think about and a time I wouldn't ever want to repeat).  Eleven years ago we found out we were pregnant with our first baby, Peyton is now ten.  Nine years ago we moved to Little Rock for the first time after concluding our military days and beginning our civilian lives again.  Eight years ago Lawson came along.  We have had seven moves in fourteen years (so I've gotten real good at purging but with each addition to our family our stuff continues to grow.)  Six years ago we moved to Birmingham with two week old Emerson after he made his debut on a snowy Arkansas morning.  We have braved five different jobs with each one requiring more time, more energy and more wisdom then the one before.  God has blessed us with four precious gifts of which Ava Jane was our biggest surprise---she was a girl and she was born with a heart defect that required surgery (one of our scariest moments for sure).  We have had at least three wonderful trips just Adam and I (its actually more than that but I couldn't think of anything else associated with the number three).  Thankfully there are two sets of grandparents who enjoy being with our children which allows us time together and time away.  And last but certainly not least, we have ONE great God who has seen us through hard times, difficult days, happy moments and times of real excitement too.
DSC_1169-39
Adam, I can't imagine living life alongside anyone else.  You are my dream come true,  and you are all that I had prayed for my future husband to be.  I'm so grateful God saw fit to place you in my life and to bless me with a man of integrity, one who takes responsibility, who leads courageously and expects God's greater reward.   Though life has thrown us hurdles to jump over and and we have had plenty of challenges, our God has been faithful.  He has seen us through uncertain times and scary moments and has always been our Jehovah Jireh--our Provider.  Having fourteen years of history is truly a blessing because we have more "memorial stones" that we can polish when we go through uncertain and distressing times both now and in the future.  I can only imagine the depth of confidence we will garner after fourteen more years of marriage with more ups and downs and getting a front row seat to the story God is writing for us.  I love you with my whole heart.  I respect you completely and love you implicitly.  I am looking forward to what the years ahead of us hold.  Happy Anniversary!
6023714727_fe4bb8e903_o

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...