Sunday, September 14, 2014

Ava Jane's 2nd Birthday

I had such fun planning Ava Jane's birthday party, though I can hardly believe she is two years old today. It seems like just yesterday we were bringing that sweet girl home from the hospital! She has brought such joy into our family and we can't imagine life without her. We are so thankful for her little life and the precious years that we have had to make memories. God has been gracious to her (and to us). At each of her heart checkups Dr. Bornamiere says she looks good and after each report we are so grateful for God's provision and protection over her.

As I thought about what kind of party I wanted to do, I thought it'd be so fun to have a fall farm themed party with baby animals. I started searching Google and ran across Cockrill's Country Critters out of Cabot. Janice, the owner, was so nice and super easy to work with. I also thought a morning party where I served a big country breakfast sounded cute so that's what I set out to do. I love planning parties, gathering ideas, executing them and seeing the kids excitement as the party come to fruition and this one was a hit for sure!
Bloom Group 1

IMG_0433
IMG_0437
IMG_0438

IMG_0445

IMG_0465

IMG_0429

IMG_0427

IMG_0526

IMG_0507

IMG_0450

IMG_0454


I planned the party about two months before her actual birthday which was before we'd started Lawson's fall soccer season. Since Adam is the coach, when I finally realized that I'd scheduled the morning party during the same time as the soccer game I had a bit of a hot flash knowing that he'd have to be there and I'd have to set up the party by myself (with my other three "helpers"). So I did what anyone else would do, I called Mom.  She and my Dad came over that morning and helped me get everything set out, I couldn't have done it without them!
IMG_0500


The baby animals were so cute and friendly. The boys loved getting to walk them around the yard and play with the baby rabbit, pigs, goats, and chickens.
IMG_0537

IMG_0609

IMG_0575

IMG_0578

IMG_0615

IMG_0585


IMG_0608

10649613_10101266142327627_2684182092494543404_n


IMG_9271

IMG_9277


The llama and the miniature pony did a little "damage" to a bush and some sod, but for the most part the animals were docile, calm and easily loved on. Poppy got to do donkey duty and twice G-Dad managed to wrangle the adorable little pig who kept trying to escape!
IMG_0639

IMG_0532

IMG_5572

IMG_0590


IMG_0598


Ava Jane loved seeing the cow (and kept saying "moooo") which is one of the animal sounds that she does know how to make; it was pretty cute to see her get excited about the animals!
IMG_0647


Emerson had a wonderful time,  he was thrilled to get to hang out with the llama, he said, "it's my favorite, Mom!"
IMG_0517

IMG_0549


She wasn't quite sure what to think about the group singing Happy Birthday nor did she know what to do with the candle as you can see from her expression. But she definitely enjoyed the icing!
IMG_0634

IMG_9288

I ordered some little animal finger puppets, farm animal suckers and stickers as a favor and tied it all up with some twine. I thought they turned out pretty cute!
IMG_0627


Oh how I love this girl! Is she not adorable? I'm forever thankful for the chance to be her Momma! I cannot imagine a day without her, and am so glad that God saw fit to give her to us! She is our little miracle and my heart swells and my throat gets a big lump when I see her growing and thriving like she is! I praise God for who He's made her to be and look forward to watching her story be written!
IMG_0743

IMG_0769

Happy Birthday sweet girl, we love you so much!!
IMG_5616

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Look at that invitation card! It is looking just fabulous. This birthday party was a blast. I like everything in this party. I am also searching for similar party places in the Bronx for my birthday. I wonder if you know about any good venues.

    ReplyDelete

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...