Monday, May 12, 2014

Precious 24 hours

This past weekend me and six of my dearest friends got away for a Mom's Night Out in Memphis. I must say I wasn't sure it was going to happen, even up until about 3 hours before we were scheduled to leave town. You see, half my family, caught the stomach bug and were down for the count most of the week leading up to our get away. I made several trips to the store stocking up on Probiotics, Anti-Diarreahl medicines, 7UP and crackers. We were doing the BRAT diet trying to get everyone cleared up in time. But as fate would have it, Adam ended up staying home from work again on Friday and Ava Jane needed a bath and her entire bed changed out by 8:00 that morning. Needless to say, I was having extreme Mommy guilt and asked Adam a number of times if he was sure I should go? He assured me each time that they'd be fine, it was just 24 hours.

So we left town as planned.
IMG_6892

Once there we went straight to the Pottery Barn and William Sonoma outlets. We didn't do too much damage but we did find some fun things! We checked into the hotel, did a quick outfit change then headed to our reservations at the Melting Pot.
IMG_0306
IMG_0307
IMG_0308

This was our flaming chocolate sauce for dessert with several dipping items, the rice crispy treat was my favorite to dip.
IMG_0311
IMG_0310

If you've never done fondue, you should totally try it. It's quite the experience and perfect for seven mommy friends who just want to sit and talk for hours. (Which we did, for about 4 hours to be exact!) It's amazing the conversations you can have when they're not interrupted and broken by our sweet little peeps. And between the seven of us there are 23 precious little people (8 and under) with 1 on the way. So when we all get together, with our kids, there are definitely some broken/interrupted conversations!

We stayed up late into the night chit chatting which was super fun!

Saturday we slept in a bit, ate breakfast then headed for a little pampering for mani's and pedi's.
IMG_0319
IMG_0317

We got to see the house where one of our own is moving in just a few short weeks. It was fun to actually see with my eyes the culmination of many answered prayers for this sweet family! What a beautifully quaint part of town they'll be living in. We're praying that they'll be able to connect and find a church home quickly.

If you're ever in Memphis, you should definitely eat at The Elegant Farmer. It prides itself on being farm fresh and I must say, it was delicious and truly worth the wait. We did have to wait to be seated and it took quite some time to receive our food, but it was divine, I didn't leave a crumb on my plate! The ham and pear gorgonzola sandwich was a terrific decision I must say.
IMG_0322

From there we went in a few antique stores. There were some really lovely things to take in.
IMG_0325

And when we got thirsty we decided to hit Starbucks for a little pick me up. When we pulled into the drive thru there was a Happy Hour sign but much to our chagrin we missed the cut off by 1 minute and 55 seconds. Thankfully this strapping young man asked if anyone had a reward card and we did so he was able to extend Happy Hour for another full hour and we got our drinks half price! Yay!
IMG_0328

If you know me at all, you know that I'm a popcorn fanatic, I love me some homemade, fresh popcorn. So, on our way out of town we'd been told to find Sweet Noshings. It was A-MAZ-ING! I got 3 bags of popcorn (Salted Carmel, Spicy White Cheddar and Cheddar JalapeƱo) they're all so good! You must make a stop into the adorable candy shop, there's something for everyone!
IMG_0329
IMG_0331

The road trip home went by super fast. We chit chatted the entire way and could've kept talking. It's wonderful to have such sweet friends to live life with. I'm grateful for their friendship and the way that we're able to encourage and challenge one another. I feel tremendously blessed! I loved my time away with you ladies!!

And if all that wasn't wonderful enough, my precious husband had mowed the yard, cut the hedges, cleaned the house, washed the sheets (and put them back on), fed and bathed our peeps and cleaned up the kitchen, all by 8:30 when I arrived back home. He gets Husband of the Year! I love you Adam Head, I'm so grateful for you!

1 comment:

  1. way to go Adam! That is SUPER impressive!!! Glad you got away-- looks like yall had a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...