Thursday, August 9, 2018

15 Years Together

15 years ago today these two kids were in love with one another and super excited to stand before God and 400 of our dearest friends and family to make a life time commitment to one another.  It's been the best decision I ever made (other then asking Jesus to save my soul)!
Untitled

This young girl walked down the aisle to her high school sweet heart and made a decision to love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, til death do us part.
IMG_1876

IMG_1877

The people who stood with us on that day are still the people we do life with and who still exhort and encourage us on our darkest days and happiest moments.
IMG_1878

15 years.  15 total months separated by the Army--9 months straight without seeing one another.  9 job changes.  6 moves.  4 kids.  2 1/2 weeks in the CVICU with Ava Jane's heart surgery.  Multiple ER trips.  Countless dinners and events together.  There's been laughter and tears, sickness and hernia surgery, fights and make-up sessions.  Adam has been my best friend--through time spent in Gods word and praying together...in the big decisions and the small day-to-day routine things of life, he has been and will continue to be the love of my life.  God tailor-made him just for me and I'm so thankful for the man that he is and that I get the spend the good moments and the hard ones with him.

Adam-I love you, I'm your biggest fan, your constant cheerleader and your life long confidant.  I look forward to time alone with you this weekend.  Thanks for loving me, for taking care of me, for supporting me, listening to me, holding me when I just need to be held and for helping me to loosen up when I get tied around the axle.  Thank you for your godly leadership and for your selfless sacrifice!  I could not love you more!   -Me xoxoxoxox (lets go back to the Dominican Republic!)
IMG_2349

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...