Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Pratt Place Inn - Get Away

For our 15th anniversary we decided to get away for the weekend so Adam got a reservation at Pratt Place Inn and Barn in Northwest Arkansas.  It was a fantastic weekend retreat.  It's located just three blocks from the Razorback football stadium but feels like you are out in the middle of the country, as it sits at the top of a hill on several acres of land.  It's a gorgeous, secluded place to get away that I would highly recommend.
IMG_1959
IMG_1953
IMG_1958
IMG_1905
IMG_1961
IMG_1969
IMG_1891
IMG_1892
We were so grateful to get out of town and just have time together.  
IMG_1984
We ended up eating a late dinner at one of our favorite Thai restaurants on the Square. We drove around campus and enjoyed walking down memory lane of our times spent in Fayetteville.
27794129271_c01ff0b925_o
We then hit up a very late movie, which felt "crazy" and freeing all at the same time.  Mission Impossible: Fallout was very entertaining and action packed as you can imagine.  Walking out of that theatre at 12:15am felt a little bit like we were walking on the "wild side"--a definite college-life reenactment.
IMG_1909
Saturday we slept in, enjoyed breakfast on the veranda and a slower paced morning then we have had in a month of Sundays.  We had not seen Crystal Bridges yet so we decided to visit that museum and take in the American art that is housed there.  The grounds are lush and beautiful and the art was interesting.  There are walking trails and bike trails all along the grounds so we walked around some and saw quite a number of statues and outdoor structures.  Art isn't Adam's favorite thing to go and look at but he humored me all afternoon and I do think he enjoyed seeing what they had on exhibit, but not before we got something to eat.  Food is Adam's love language, it's really important to him and there was gonna be no looking around til that stomach of his was full.  So we ate and drank while the ran poured down then enjoyed a leisure stroll through the museum.
IMG_1921

IMG_1948
IMG_1940

IMG_1932
IMG_1929
Our weekend together was filled with LOVE for one another as we reminisced about our dating life, early married days, Army life, the advent of children, job changes and everything in between.  The past 15 years have held a lot for us, some good some bad, but we wouldn't change any of it because it's helped us grow, brought us closer together, created the "team" that is Adam and Courtney Head and has increased my love for the man God brought into my life some twenty years ago when I was in high school.  Grateful is how I feel and thankful is what I am.
IMG_1927
This man is a true gift and I don't think I could love him any more then I do today....but next year, I'll probably feel the same way, after more growth and more challenges, my hope is that the love I have for him would continue to grow deeper with each passing year.  We are still dating each other and very much enjoy being together.  May the Lord bless us with many more years of memory making.
IMG_1980

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...