Monday, July 24, 2017

Visiting the Alligator Farm

Adam accidentally left my debit card at a restaurant in Hot Springs so last Monday morning the kids and I had to make an unplanned trip to retrieve it.  Since we had to make the hour and half drive down there, I decided to try and find something fun for us to do.  I sent a message to friends to see if anyone wanted to join us at the Hot Springs Alligator Farm and Carol and her oldest girls came along.

The Alligator Farm has other animals as well, from emu's to donkeys, goats to wolves and with your entrance fee they give each person one slice of bread that you can feed the goats and believe me, those goats acted as though they'd never eaten in their life!  We couldn't even get through the gate without several escapees and other goats jumping up on the kids.  Lachlan and Ava Jane were not thrilled with this so we stayed outside the fence for quite some time. We did eventually make it into the pen, and the goats scarfed down the bread and proceeded to chew on the hem of my jeans.
9371923798_ba60376317_o

IMG_5325
IMG_5352
IMG_9976
IMG_9982
The kids had fun observing ALL the alligators, and there were SO MANY!  Old ones, new ones, big ones, small ones, it didn't matter what size they had a bunch of those reptiles!
IMG_0005
IMG_5371
IMG_5367
It was a tad creepy seeing all those reptiles sitting super still, lounging around in the water.
IMG_5353
IMG_7535
This sign was a tad alarming, since all the alligators were sluggish and in the water!
IMG_7537
IMG_7540
IMG_5390
IMG_5357
After looking at all the gators and other animals, we went into the building that houses the smaller gators where you can feed and hold them.
IMG_5411
IMG_5415
IMG_5439
IMG_5423
I decided I should give it a go too, and it was terrible. They really are cold to the touch, I couldn't give it back to the man quick enough!  (Ava Jane's face is so funny here.)
IMG_5473
IMG_7555
IMG_7553
I think everyone had a great time even though it was an unplanned outing.  Can't say I'm dying to go back, but it was a fun place to visit with the kids.
IMG_5456

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...