Monday, May 16, 2016

Fun in the Sun-Part One

Every two years Adam's family gets away together for a week of fun in the sun.  They have been going to Navarre Beach, FL for over thirty years, its a fairly private, family friendly stretch of beach that only has a couple of high rise buildings so the beaches aren't crowded at all.  Located in between Destin and Pensacola, it's a perfect place for a family vacation with options to drive a short distance to either city for meals or entertainment.

This was the view from our room all week.  Being able to actually see and experience this part of God's creation is always breath taking and I was once again filled with awe at the vastness of the ocean, the infinite number of grains of sand, it gives great meaning to Psalm 139:17-18 "How precious to me are your thoughts, O God.  How vast is the sum of them!  If I would count them, they are more than the sand.  I awake, and I am still with you." 
IMG_1250

I love these boys, how handsome are they?  And this sweet baby girl, how can she be this big?
IMG_2443
IMG_2426

Our week usually involves a whole lot of nothing, which all of us truly enjoy.  We built sand castles, found sea shells, ate lots of tasty food, floated in the turquoise waters and sat with our toes in the sand.   It was a really relaxing trip.
IMG_2461
IMG_2467
IMG_2500
IMG_2453

Adam decided to take the "polar plunge".  Our second day, the water was a little bit chilly but it didn't seem to phase all the boys in our group.
IMG_2505
IMG_2519

These sweet cousins had fun playing together in the sand and surf.  I think each one of them had such a great time hanging out and splashing in the waves.  Many memories were certainly made!
IMG_2538
IMG_2546
IMG_2550
IMG_2561

IMG_2618IMG_2670
IMG_2714
IMG_2671
IMG_2704
IMG_2478

Sweet baby Abigail did a lot of this; I'm certain she loved the peaceful sound of the waves coming in.
IMG_2621

I loved spending quality time with my sweet family this past week.  It was so incredibly relaxing after quite a few grueling weeks (for both Adam and myself) leading up to our vacation.  Getting away and having a change of scenery from our day to day was a real treat for us all.  Simply sitting, staring out into the vast ocean and listening to the calming sound of the crashing waves was oh so refreshing.
IMG_2655



2 comments:

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...