Friday, December 25, 2015

Disney Trip Part 2

Our second day started at the Akershus princess character breakfast in Norway at Epcot.  We'd had trouble with our "Magic Bands" which caused us not to be able to get into Animal Kingdom our first morning because of some changes that we had to make in our plans several months ago, so I was hopeful that we'd not have any more trouble getting into the park our second day.  To my happiness, we got right into Epcot and into the character meet and greet with smooth sailing!  We were able to meet Belle, and all the other princesses while enjoying a delicious and hearty table service meal.  (Ava Jane was scared of the princesses so I got to be in each picture!)
PhotoPass_Visiting_Epcot_7549468493-2

IMG_9002

IMG_8989

It was all going smoothly when they scanned our dining meal credits from our magic bands, but the waitress came back to our table and said that there was no credit card attached to our "magic bands" that would allow us to pay our gratuity (which isn't include in the dining plan.) To make a long story very short, thanks to my Mom, who was the only one of us who'd actually brought a credit card into the park, we were able to leave the restaurant, fully paid up, but not without many a tears shed on my part. Again, for the second day in a row we had to go and meet with Guest Relations to get our bands all synced up…I was not a happy Momma, and I had four little people who were very disappointed to be standing in a yet another line that wasn't to a ride!  But just as Disney promises, after all the trouble, it finally became the magical experience we were hoping for.
IMG_9582

I thoroughly enjoyed walking through the countries, especially Great Britain, where we enjoyed a relaxing meal of fish and chips right by the water, it was beautiful and serene.
IMG_9584

IMG_9021

Have I mentioned how much I love this kid?   He was so helpful on this trip, pushing the stroller, finding things on the maps, carrying food or drinks….you name it he helped with it!  I love him to the moon and back!
IMG_9030

We had a great time on all the rides at Epcot!  Adam and the boys loved Test Track, while Ava Jane and I enjoyed Nemo and Friends but Soarin was by far the most awesome ride there.  Flying over the Golden Gate Bridge, over Napa's wine country and even seeing Yosemite National Park, was definitely my highlight that day!
IMG_9016

PhotoPass_Visiting_Epcot_7549858063




On our way out of the park we walked through the market in Mexico and the boys found these huge sombreros.
IMG_9040


We caught the Monorail over to the Magic Kingdom where we had tickets to the Very Merry Christmas Party. We were able to see a few shows, ride a couple of rides and then see the Christmas parade down Main Street, complete with falling snow.  I will be honest, this was my least favorite thing that we did on our entire trip because the park was FULL (like shoulder to shoulder full) of people.   I probably wouldn't recommend this party, but I must say the parade was spectacular and totally worth the wait.
IMG_9055


PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7550146082



My little people waiting on the Christmas parade. Lawson even got to participate with the parade caroler.
IMG_9094


IMG_9067
]
IMG_9077


IMG_9111


IMG_9124


IMG_9129


IMG_9134


IMG_9169


Lawson even got to shake Santa's reindeers hand.  Our second day in the park ended in a magical way!  
IMG_9185




No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...