Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Weekend of Fun

Friday night we had a great time celebrating Ava Jane's 1st birthday.

Bright and early Saturday morning we headed out the door for Lawson's first soccer practice and game. Last week we ended up missing it because most of our family had the stomach bug, thankfully this weekend we were all on the mend and we could enjoy the cooler September weather!

Lawson was up at 6:15, dressed and ready to go. He was super excited!
IMG_0176

Adam has the privilege of coaching his team of friends, and I must say it's quite entertaining to watch!
IMG_0186

They are just learning the basics, so whether they kicked the ball into the right goal or not, we all pretty much get excited!
IMG_0191
IMG_0201

Most of the time they were having a blast...though there were some moments where you could tell that Lawson was NOT having a good time! (We'll have to work on this part!)
IMG_0206

"Go Sharks!"
IMG_0229

What a team of cuties, minus Cole!
IMG_0234

After the game we came home, grabbed a quick bite of lunch then headed for the zoo. We got to see many "new" animals (meaning, animals that aren't usually out!) The kids had a great time and Adam got to come along too, so that made it even better!
IMG_0268

The penguins are always fun to watch.
IMG_0246
IMG_0249

And there's my own little penguin.
IMG_0243

We saw the jaguar and leopard...
IMG_0275
IMG_0263

A black bear name Teo.
IMG_0288

This beautiful cross between a crane and a flamingo.
IMG_0300

The boys even got to pet a Ball Python! I did not touch it, seeing it through the camera was close enough for me!
IMG_0306
IMG_0310
IMG_0314

And because it was actually Ava Jane's birthday we rode the carousel, which we don't usually do on our visits to the zoo, but I must say she had a great time and squealed with delight!
IMG_0338
IMG_0329
IMG_0335
IMG_0320
IMG_0326

I had a great time with my family...it was a fabulous day for the zoo, the weather was PERFECT!
IMG_0290

That evening we met some friends at Maumelle Park for dinner and fun.
IMG_0364
IMG_0360
IMG_0371
IMG_0377

This was the moment Emerson said, "Momma, I have poopoo..." and I realized it was all up his back...that was lovely! Luckily I had wipes but hadn't packed pullups, and thankfully a friend came to our rescue, it was girly pullup but it did the job!
IMG_0366

IMG_0384
IMG_0359

It was just a lovely evening, beautiful and peaceful, though I must say I've never seen the park quite so crowded. Everyone had the same idea to come and enjoy the night, and boy, we sure did!
IMG_0362
IMG_0355

Fun with friends is always good! I had a great weekend. I love to be busy doing fun, memorable things, so last weekend was practically perfect, because I got to do a lot of the things I enjoy doing (planning and hosting a party, getting to see lots of friends and being with my little family). What a blessing! Hope you're having a good week! Mine's been much better then the harry-ness of last week!
IMG_0379

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...